Orioles Want Pie Added

hardrock75

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before everybody shouts "Link?" I'll help you out:

Baltimore executive Andy MacPhail still needs a shortstop, a center fielder, a closer and a durable starter. MacPhail said he will wait until the end of January to fill those roles from what remains of the free-agent class. Until then, he will consider trades, with second baseman Brian Roberts to the Chicago Cubs still a distinct possibility. MacPhail likely would want center fielder Felix Pie as part of the return.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=335823

It says likely, so I think this is just speculation. If we get Jones, we don't need Pie.

NOT SURE IF THIS HAS BEEN MENTIONED YET.

Gerry Fraley, of SportingNews.com, reports if the Baltimore Orioles trade 2B Brian Roberts to the Chicago Cubs, they would want Cubs OF Felix Pie included in the deal.

They won't get him so I guess that's that.

Hi, im new here, cubs fan, but in my opinion Pie plus the package that was offered already(Gallagher, Cedeno, Marshall) is way too much. Gallagher is eventually going to be at least a #3 in someone's rotation and Cedeno should contribute either as a SS or off the bench. I love Brian Roberts, but i think this is asking for too much.

If the deal does go through i believe we will throw in someone like jay payton.

I still wouldn't like this deal, because then the cubs are essentially taking out the garbage for the O's. Im not a big believer in Pie or Cedeno, but if the deal were to go through, the cubbies would be giving up 4 young players that all have fairly decent ceilings for a 30 yr old second baseman, granted he is an allstar, i still think this is a lot to ask for.

Hi, im new here, cubs fan, but in my opinion Pie plus the package that was offered already(Gallagher, Cedeno, Marshall) is way too much. Gallagher is eventually going to be at least a #3 in someone's rotation and Cedeno should contribute either as a SS or off the bench. I love Brian Roberts, but i think this is asking for too much.

Welcome, fellow Roberts lover. Pie would replace 1-2 of the other players, not be tacked on. I doubt it happens, but who knows. The Cubs seem kind of schizo on Pie. On one hand he's untouchable in trade talks but on the other they seem to think they're going to need to platoon him in CF. He's been a big prospect for long enough, I think this is more or less a make or break year for him and I'm inclined to expect a break. I can understand why the O's would want him, but I kind of hope they don't get him. I prefer a package centered around Miller from the Indians.

Before everybody shouts "Link?" I'll help you out:

Baltimore executive Andy MacPhail still needs a shortstop, a center fielder, a closer and a durable starter. MacPhail said he will wait until the end of January to fill those roles from what remains of the free-agent class. Until then, he will consider trades, with second baseman Brian Roberts to the Chicago Cubs still a distinct possibility. MacPhail likely would want center fielder Felix Pie as part of the return.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=335823

It says likely, so I think this is just speculation. If we get Jones, we don't need Pie.

This could have been written four weeks ago. I agree it's speculation on the part of the writer.

NOT SURE IF THIS HAS BEEN MENTIONED YET.

Gerry Fraley, of SportingNews.com, reports if the Baltimore Orioles trade 2B Brian Roberts to the Chicago Cubs, they would want Cubs OF Felix Pie included in the deal.

Our GM has already said Pie is staying put. If what you passed on was true, these talks would be done with. I still think they are going nowhere though...And I'm glad too. Two of our potential starters for a guy likely to leave in 2 years anyways? No thanks, DeRosa is almost as good, and Theriot will steal the bases.

Archived