Orioles Want Pie Added

hardrock75

Where is davearm saying that the Cubs shouldn't do the deal because Pie is the second coming and worth more than Bedard, Roberts, and Markakis combined?

I'm not a fan of Pie and hope this deal falls through completely with the Cubs. I don't like any of the pieces they're offering and I would rather deal Roberts to another team.

I agree that the Cubs' pieces aren't exactly a perfect match for the O's but wasn't Lou Pinella the reason the Cubs are so enamored with Roberts anyway? Wouldn't you think Cubs management would attempt to fulfill the wants of Lou Pinella? I would seem to think he has a lot of pull in the organization.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is davearm saying that the Cubs shouldn't do the deal because Pie is the second coming and worth more than Bedard, Roberts, and Markakis combined?

I'm not a fan of Pie and hope this deal falls through completely with the Cubs. I don't like any of the pieces they're offering and I would rather deal Roberts to another team.

I said the same thing about davearm in another thread earlier and he said he doesnt do that. Guy drives me crazy putting every player they have in the hall of fame!

Before you start ripping Cubsfan2008 or whatever, look at what the guy above him had to say.

As for trading Pie in a Roberts deal, there is no way in hell that happens.

You guys are vastly overrating Roberts.

Pie is a 5 tool outfielder, that has been compared to Carlos Beltran, and Vlad Guerrero.

One BA scout said that Pie was the best defensive CF he has EVER seen.

As for Gallagher being called garbage, the kid was the 2nd youngest guy in the Bigs last year, and has been compared to Jake Peavy a couple years ago, and a poor mans Greg Maddux with more velocity.

I'm rooting for this not to happen, as Gally would be a lift to our rotation.

Pie is the kind of guy that goes in a Chase Utley kind of deal.

Was it you that said the paperwork for the Roberts deal had been submitted to MLB? What happened?

More than one source has confirmed with me about the MLB Office's haivng the paperwork. Once again, things should happen tomorrow. For now, I will be leaving for the night, and won't be back until...

Well done, MacPhail, we need a prospect of that stature in return for Roberts.

The one thing for sure about Pie is excellent CF defense. If AM were to pull this off and a Bedard to Seattle for Jones package... Wow. That would shut a lot of us up, huh? That OF defense would be unbelievable.

Was it you that said the paperwork for the Roberts deal had been submitted to MLB? What happened?

More than one source has confirmed with me about the MLB Office's haivng the paperwork. Once again, things should happen tomorrow. For now, I will be leaving for the night, and won't be back until...

Yep that was me, I also confirmed it with bigbird.

Even Tony had it on the front page. No need to rip on me.

Archived