Orioles Want Pie Added

hardrock75

Before you start ripping Cubsfan2008 or whatever, look at what the guy above him had to say.

As for trading Pie in a Roberts deal, there is no way in hell that happens.

You guys are vastly overrating Roberts.

Pie is a 5 tool outfielder, that has been compared to Carlos Beltran, and Vlad Guerrero.

One BA scout said that Pie was the best defensive CF he has EVER seen.

As for Gallagher being called garbage, the kid was the 2nd youngest guy in the Bigs last year, and has been compared to Jake Peavy a couple years ago, and a poor mans Greg Maddux with more velocity.

I'm rooting for this not to happen, as Gally would be a lift to our rotation.

Well, let's not go overboard. He has a very nice tool set, but he did rank behind something like 14 other OFs on BAs top 100 last year, and was older than most (I think Chris Young, Pence, Lind are older by a year).

He's very good, but we're not talking about Rasmus/Bruce/Upton or even Adam Jones or Pence (yet). To say he doesn't belong in a Roberts deal (VORP 48.6 last year vs. Derosa's 21.3 and Fontenot's 4.6) might be overstating things a bit, no?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confirmed it with 3 of the insiders on here, including my source, and the next day, it was on the front page of the site. Lay off me, I'm not your friggin owner. He's vetoed so many deals over the past year, I wish the Cubs would just move on.

It's got to be pretty exhaustful to get so far in a deal that took about a month, and then have it vetoed by the owner. It's just very frustrating.

My source told me that. Even bigbird said it.

Actually bigbird speculated that angelos pulled out of the deal.

How could Angelos pull out of the deal when the paperwork was with MLB? I suppose he could, but that kind event certainly would have hit the papers. So Angelos had MacPhail retrieve the paperwork from MLb, is that what you're saying?

My source told me that. Even bigbird said it.

Bigbird said it was his opinion.

Frankly, I don't think that deal was ever very close. You don't from accepting that offer to asking for Pie, which is what the word on the street is now. Sounds like that was just bad info all around. PA had nothing to do with it, IMO.

Actually bigbird speculated that angelos pulled out of the deal.

How could Angelos pull out of the deal when the paperwork was with MLB? I suppose he could, but that kind event certainly would have hit the papers. So Angelos had MacPhail retrieve the paperwork from MLb, is that what you're saying?

He speculated? Then why did he say, "yep PGA nixed it!"

I confirmed it with 3 of the insiders on here, including my source, and the next day, it was on the front page of the site. Lay off me, I'm not your friggin owner. He's vetoed so many deals over the past year, I wish the Cubs would just move on.

It's got to be pretty exhaustful to get so far in a deal that took about a month, and then have it vetoed by the owner. It's just very frustrating.

Not harping on you but, we have been dealing with this for a while no need to tell us how frustrating it is. 10 yrs losing remember.

He speculated? Then why did he say, "yep PGA nixed it!"

"Several pages later he said it was just his speculation from what had occurred."

Did you know for sure that the paperwork was submitted or were you just making an assumption?

Was it you that said the paperwork for the Roberts deal had been submitted to MLB? What happened?

More than one source has confirmed with me about the MLB Office's haivng the paperwork. Once again, things should happen tomorrow. For now, I will be leaving for the night, and won't be back until...

Guys we need to give him a break. All of the insiders had the deal going down... we even have a freaking B-Rob appreciation thread. There's no need to take it out on Joey. The fact that he brought it up and confirmed it with the other insiders and then Tony's post seems to imply that his information is quality. Give him a break.

Just look what Belkast said in the "Why B-Rob hasn't been traded" thread yesterday:

"Clearly this trade was going on as multiple people had heard about it including myself. What happened in the end....I don't know! I do know that Tony shouldn't be giving such a hard time about it. All he was trying to do is give this board the information which is what this board always wants. His story was marked with the words Report and sources...multiple sources at that. Something was happening and it is to early to discount that this still may not happen. Long story short...Tony did nothing wrong he was just trying to give this board information as it was being told to him."

I know everyone wants something to happen, but let's chill a little bit. No need to alienate this guy when everyone else thought it was happening too.

Ok, whatever. Keep thinking Pie is in the deal, because he isn't going to be involved.

Never said I thought he would be.

BTW, I'm not at all trying to give you a hard time about being wrong about this. Everyone else was too, so I'm not trying to single you out. I'm just saying that if that info was incorrect, how can you be so certain Angelos was the one that nixed it? It doesn't add up.

Guys we need to give him a break. All of the insiders had the deal going down... we even have a freaking B-Rob appreciation thread. There's no need to take it out on Joey. The fact that he brought it up and confirmed it with the other insiders and then Tony's post seems to imply that his information is quality. Give him a break.

Just look what Belkast said in the "Why B-Rob hasn't been traded" thread yesterday:

"Clearly this trade was going on as multiple people had heard about it including myself. What happened in the end....I don't know! I do know that Tony shouldn't be giving such a hard time about it. All he was trying to do is give this board the information which is what this board always wants. His story was marked with the words Report and sources...multiple sources at that. Something was happening and it is to early to discount that this still may not happen. Long story short...Tony did nothing wrong he was just trying to give this board information as it was being told to him."

I know everyone wants something to happen, but let's chill a little bit. No need to alienate this guy when everyone else thought it was happening too.

well said, a couple people and 1 in particular are on his jock and it's stupid. He has gone the extra mile to show he isn't full of it and if you have been here the past couple days you would know that. It's borderline just trying to stir the pot in my opinion.

Archived