After the trade Deadline How would you rank our top 10.

bpilktree

After the trade deadline and the recent moves of some of the mid top ten proscpect what would peoples new top 10 be. My opinion

1. Gausman

2. Bundy

3. Schoop

4. ERod

5. Urrieta(even though in majors)

6. Harvey

7. Wright

8. Ohlman

9. Walker

10. Berry

The absence of Delmonico, Hader and Hoes makes it depressing to you or you would have been depressed even with those three?

It looks a lot better with Delmonico and Hader in particular, yes. It's also a matter of the shine having come off a lot of these guys lately with Gausman, EdRod, and Walker struggling, Bundy and Schoop hurt (though Schoop has come back strong), and Urrutia being just okay in the bigs.

I'll probably feel better in nine months or so.

It looks a lot better with Delmonico and Hader in particular, yes. It's also a matter of the shine having come off a lot of these guys lately with Gausman, EdRod, and Walker struggling, Bundy and Schoop hurt (though Schoop has come back strong), and Urrutia being just okay in the bigs.

I'll probably feel better in nine months or so.

How can one be upset with EdRod struggling at AA?

Not so much upset as a little deflated. Same with Walker.

I think Walker and E-Rod will make adjustments and post better numbers in August. Walker isn't K'ing a whole lot so that AVG should pick up. E-Rod has struck out 24 in 26.2 innings and is holding batters .237 AVG so far. If he shows sharper control and lowers his AA walk rate this month, the quality outings will start to show up in the box score.

Off the the top my head, my top ten would look something like this:

1. Gausman (Got some kinks to work out but more of a sure thing now than Bundy and both had a similar ceiling to begin with)

2. Bundy (We'll see how surgery goes)

3. Schoop (Might get a trial in September)

4. Rodriguez (Worried the O's might rush him to majors next season; still needs at least another year of seasoning; looks like a future 3 starter)

5. Harvey (Early returns look promising; Kevin Gausman starters kit)

6. Ohlman (Catcher's with his offensive potential are valuable property; does he remain a catcher though?)

7. Wright (More confident now that he could stick as an inning eater BOR starter; still like him best as a potential late inning power reliever)

8. Walker (Great approach at the plate; I think there's more in game power potential than what he's shown thus far)

9. Davies (Understandably underhyped; changeup has become above average pitch; durability hasn't been a concern despite slight frame; could surprise if he ever sees a bump in velocity)

10. Hart (Has higher ceiling than the four ahead of him but I'm not sold on him yet)

Off the the top my head, my top ten would look something like this:

1. Gausman (Got some kinks to work out but more of a sure thing now than Bundy and both had a similar ceiling to begin with)

2. Bundy (We'll see how surgery goes)

3. Schoop (Might get a trial in September)

4. Rodriguez (Worried the O's might rush him to majors next season; still needs at least another year of seasoning; looks like a future 3 starter)

5. Harvey (Early returns look promising; Kevin Gausman starters kit)

6. Ohlman (Catcher's with his offensive potential are valuable property; does he remain a catcher though?)

7. Wright (More confident now that he could stick as an inning eater BOR starter; still like him best as a potential late inning power reliever)

8. Walker (Great approach at the plate; I think there's more in game power potential than what he's shown thus far)

9. Davies (Understandably underhyped; changeup has become above average pitch; durability hasn't been a concern despite slight frame; could surprise if he ever sees a bump in velocity)

10. Hart (Has higher ceiling than the four ahead of him but I'm not sold on him yet)

Great post. You nailed it. I would just have the new Cuban signee Daniel Alvarez in the 10 spot. But the top 9 is pretty much a consensus. The top 4 have all been top 50 prospects at some point. Any idea on who the O's might send to the AFL? I would think with Schoop's stress fracture he'd be a no go.

Great post. You nailed it. I would just have the new Cuban signee Daniel Alvarez in the 10 spot. But the top 9 is pretty much a consensus. The top 4 have all been top 50 prospects at some point. Any idea on who the O's might send to the AFL? I would think with Schoop's stress fracture he'd be a no go.

Why would you put Alvarez in?

I bet Ohlman goes to the AFL. Unless he wants to go back to Australia again.

Honestly, Alvarez slipped my mind when thinking about the top prospects in the system. That being said, I think he gets the Urrutia treatment and gets a conservative ranking, maybe somewhere in the 15-20 range, until we get some pro data and scouting reports on him. I believe I read somewhere that he'll be playing with the Keys this month.

I'd imagine Ohlman would be a likely candidate for the AFL considering he missed the month of May.

1 RHP Kevin Gausman

2 RHP Dylan Bundy

3 2B Jonathan Schoop

4 LHP Eduardo Rodriguez*

5 RHP Hunter Harvey

6 OF Henry Urrutia

7 OF Josh Hart

8 RHP Mike Wright

9 C Michael Ohlman

10 1B Christian Walker

11 LHP Stephen Tarpley*

You can have this list with or without Urrutia on it.

Archived