The World Series Trophy

jouster

I live and work in New Haven CT, and the Red Sox brought the 04 and 07 trophies to town today. They were displayed in my building....

I'm a diehard O's fan, but I couldn't resist taking a look. I have to say that it was cool to see them, thought they would have looked *much* better surrounded by black and orange.

Oh well. One day. Kudos to those on OH who have seen them like that!

I live and work in New Haven CT, and the Red Sox brought the 04 and 07 trophies to town today. They were displayed in my building....

I'm a diehard O's fan, but I couldn't resist taking a look. I have to say that it was cool to see them, thought they would have looked *much* better surrounded by black and orange.

Oh well. One day. Kudos to those on OH who have seen them like that!

Take any fotos? That's Yankee country up there isn't it?

Is it weird that I would never, ever touch a World Series trophy? I've seen what happens to those things. They get sprayed with everything, and thousands of people touch them, kiss them, lick them, etc. So gross. Unless I was wearing gloves or saw someone wipe the whole thing down with Lysol, I would never put a finger on it. Some player had a great line about being afraid he was going to catch something from it because it had been "passed around more than Paris Hilton." My feelings precisely.

Is it weird that I would never, ever touch a World Series trophy? I've seen what happens to those things. They get sprayed with everything, and thousands of people touch them, kiss them, lick them, etc. So gross. Unless I was wearing gloves or saw someone wipe the whole thing down with Lysol, I would never put a finger on it. Some player had a great line about being afraid he was going to catch something from it because it had been "passed around more than Paris Hilton." My feelings precisely.

Or you could touch it and then, you know, wash your hands.

Take any fotos? That's Yankee country up there isn't it?

Yeah, some crappy cell-phone ones. I'll post them when my kids are in bed. No one was touching the trophies, though: they had a couple of goons making sure of that. Lucchino gave a short speech which went over well, as you can imagine.

This is Yankee country for the most part, though the Sox have a pretty big minority, with a sizable Mets (who Lucchino praised) contingent. Not many Birds fans......

Archived