Not liking this road trip, not liking it at all

Flacco Machado

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still need to keep winning to make this a good road trip -- don't let the foot off the gas now! That Texas-KC road trip started off great and ended up depressing us. For me, we need to win at least two in Arizona.

Well, so much for winning at least 2 of 3 to close the road trip. But no use crying over spilled milk -- just win today and go into the off day on a winning note.

Started 4-1 end up 4-4 is a joke.

Am I living in a parallel universe where today's game has already been played and lost? :confused:

We sure have a lot of people with a loser mentality on this board. This isn't the 1998-2011 Orioles, folks. You can't pen an "L" in the scorebook before the game has even been played, especially for a team that's currently 11 games over .500.

Am I living in a parallel universe where today's game has already been played and lost? :confused:

We sure have a lot of people with a loser mentality on this board. This isn't the 1998-2011 Orioles, folks. You can't pen an "L" in the scorebook before the game has even been played, especially for a team that's currently 11 games over .500.

If they win today i will eat my words. The O's since April have only scored 4 runs or more vs a leftie 2 times. Sorry i just don't see the B team line up getting the job done vs Patrick Corbin. Loser Mentality? I'm using my eyes and vs Lefties this team is a hot mess. Pearce Tea and Tillman will be your 789 hitters today.

If they win today i will eat my words. The O's since April have only scored 4 runs or more vs a leftie 2 times. Sorry i just don't see the B team line up getting the job done vs Patrick Corbin. Loser Mentality? I'm using my eyes and vs Lefties this team is a hot mess. Pearce Tea and Tillman will be your 789 hitters today.

Not sure if the bolded part is true, but the O's accomplished that feat two days ago in this very ballpark.

Anyway, who cares? The point is that it's a loser mentality to say, "Woe is us, this game is guaranteed to be a loss" before the teams have even taken the field. The Orioles certainly don't think that way. Have we really gotten to the point where we can't even wait for a game to be played before we whine about it?

It's one thing to say, "Watch out for [the opposing pitcher], he's going to be a tough matchup," like in Roy's threads. It's entirely another thing to say, "Well, we're 4-4 after this game. It's already over."

I guess it's not surprising that some O's fans would think this way after the 14 years of terrible baseball we witnessed. There's a little PTSD going on there, for sure. But the current version of the Orioles is a far cry from those previous incompetent teams.

The O's are actually good now, but it will take some fans a while to catch up to that fact.

Not sure if the bolded part is true, but the O's accomplished that feat two days ago in this very ballpark.

Anyway, who cares? The point is that it's a loser mentality to say, "Woe is us, this game is guaranteed to be a loss" before the teams have even taken the field. The Orioles certainly don't think that way. Have we really gotten to the point where we can't even wait for a game to be played before we whine about it?

It's one thing to say, "Watch out for [the opposing pitcher], he's going to be a tough matchup," like in Roy's threads. It's entirely another thing to say, "Well, we're 4-4 after this game. It's already over."

I guess it's not surprising that some O's fans would think this way after the 14 years of terrible baseball we witnessed. There's a little PTSD going on there, for sure. But the current version of the Orioles is a far cry from those previous incompetent teams.

The O's are actually good now, but it will take some fans a while to catch up to that fact.

You're right they are a good team. The fact is they really look bad vs AVG left handed pitchers. They get a CY young candidate today with the B team lineup.

You're right they are a good team. The fact is they really look bad vs AVG left handed pitchers. They get a CY young candidate today with the B team lineup.

Why do you refuse to understand my point?

I get that the game could be tough.

What I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to ASSUME it's going to be a loss before the game even begins, and to criticize the team for something that hasn't even happened yet. That's just an ignorant way of looking at things.

Hello 3 game losing streak and 4-4 road trip.

About a week ago, I stated that you unfairly got the brunt of derision from other posters in regard to trolling in the game threads.

Since you're conceding a game before a single pitch is thrown, I am conceding that I was wrong, and that you deserve all of said derision.

May 20th 4 runs vs CC

June 28th 4 runs vs CC

July 6th 4 runs vs Pettite

June 9th 8 runs vs Moore

June 15th 5 runs vs Lester

June 13th 4 runs vs Doubrant

July 12th 8 runs vs Buehrle

August 12th 4 runs vs Miley

July 21 4 runs vs Perez

July 9th 4 runs vs Perez

May 20th 4 runs vs CC

June 28th 4 runs vs CC

July 6th 4 runs vs Pettite

June 9th 8 runs vs Moore

June 15th 5 runs vs Lester

June 13th 4 runs vs Doubrant

July 12th 8 runs vs Buehrle

August 12th 4 runs vs Miley

July 21 4 runs vs Perez

July 9th 4 runs vs Perez

This is what i get for listen to 105.7 the fan.

Well, so much for winning at least 2 of 3 to close the road trip. But no use crying over spilled milk -- just win today and go into the off day on a winning note.

There is a lot of people, me included, that would have been very happy to be told that the O's would go 5-3 on the coast. Let's gitter done.

Archived