Goodbye "Jake," Hello "Progressive Field"

FellsPointOsFan

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/01/tribe_to_play_in_progressive_f.html#comments

How much longer before we have Mesothelioma Field at Oriole Park at Camden Yards? Or just "800-556-5522 Park"?

I think Angelos buying the naming rights to the park would kind of defeat the purpose of advertising :P

As much as I love OPACY, I think one name change I would not be too upset about would be National Bohemian Park at Camden Yards. We could call it "the Bo".

You'd think teams would learn with the multiple name changes to some stadiums like Enron Field, Pacbell Park and PSI.net Stadium. Companies are bought, sold, merge and fold up all the time. Is that quick buck really more important than having a consistent face for the franchise?

When I think of the O's, I think of Camden Yards.

When I think of the Yankee's, I think of Yankee Stadium.

When I think of the Red Sox, I think of Fenway Park.

When I think of the Astros, I think of ... that place ... I think it's named after juice? :confused:

Damn those secular progressives trying to inflict their values by naming a stadium after themselves in a conservative sport like baseball... I am sending off a letter to Bill O'Reilly post haste... It's all part of the secular progressives' war on baseball, I tell you!!!

Archived