Espn 1000: Roberts talks are off

JimboHendry

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or Hendry got fed up with the outrageous demands of Angelos. I would go with my theory over yours, no offense.

I could be wrong, but I don't think PA is involved at that level. I think people on this board are jumping to far to many conclusions regarding PA. Granted, in the past he has clearly meddled, but I think those days are gone.

Do you think that AM might have better offers for Roberts out there?
I think its very possible that teams heard how little we were close to dealing Roberts for and then jumped in to see if they could beat that offer without having to give up a ton themselves. I think thats a positive for getting more teams interested, but won't really increase the overall value of Roberts.

I'd love it if we could get Miller from the Indians or Stewart from the Rockies, but I think that Gallagher might be the top prospect we could get as the #1 coming back for Roberts.

Wednesday, MacPhail shakes hands with Hendry on Gallagher-Marshall-Cedeno and takes the deal to Angelos.

Thursday, Angelos informs MacPhail, "Not without Pie." MacPhail passes this demand on to Cubs.

Friday, Cubs stop laughing their asses off long enough to tell MacPhail, "We're outa here."

Saturday morning, Levine hears from Cubs reports the deal is off.

If the deal really doesn't happen, please don't try to tell me that the above sequence is not the most likely explanation.

If that happened, McPhail would have quit, imo.

Archived