Why no talk of firing Presley?

JTrea81

Exactly. Only on the hangout can people complain about the teams performance in an 18 inning game, while ignoring that the other team performed the same except they ended winning in a war of attrition. And it's not like this dude hasn't been trolling since he came back, but this really takes the cake.

Sorry but this is the type of crap that would get someone's clocked cleaned in the real world.

It's not just one game. It's the whole second half. Roch and Steve Melewski have been posting this on Twitter and MASNSports.com daily and I don't see anybody jumping down their throat. The offense is not executing, bottom line. You can pull up stats over the whole season all day, but it is now, when the games matter the most that they are completely failing just like they failed in July. It just floors me that after all the Crowley talk that everybody is rushing to defend Jim Presley when he hasn't had one championship offense. And FYI the Kansas City Royals who just overtook us, fired their hitting coach and went on a tear afterwards... Sometimes changing instruction does help, and especially more often than not with the hitting coach.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More evidence against Presley and his aggressive nature:

Presley?s hitters struggled in the same areas as Jones did in 2010. The Marlins finished in the top 6 in swing and miss percentage every year Presley was in Florida. They also finished in the top half of the league in pitches swung at outside of the strike zone, in 5 of the 6 years Presley was hitting coach.
http://baltimoresportsreport.com/jim-presley-orioles-new-hitting-coach-by-the-stats-9836.html

We are third in the entire league in runs scored and fourth in RISP Only a fool would fire a hitting coach after these results which is why I'm not surprised you think it is a good idea.

Please LOCK THIS THREAD.

But Trea has evidence. And some circumstances don't call for court evidence, or even civil suit evidence. They call for lynch mob evidence. Just to be safe let's fire Presley to the standards of unreasonable doubt. Oriole fans deserve as much.

We are third in the entire league in runs scored and fourth in RISP Only a fool would fire a hitting coach after these results which is why I'm not surprised you think it is a good idea.

Please LOCK THIS THREAD.

People wanted the RISP thread locked as well, and look what Roch and Melweski have been constantly talking about as well as several other Orioles fans. I can almost guarantee that Presley's situation is going to come up if the Orioles miss the playoffs because you can't have this much failure to execute in this crucial time and not discuss a coaching change. When Dan Duquette is saying he wants a team that gets on base, and your OBP of the team is 19th in MLB, that shows that there is a disconnect. The Orioles have players that can get on base, but they aren't because they are being too aggressive and that's a trait of Presley's teams.

It's not just one game. It's the whole second half. Roch and Steve Melewski have been posting this on Twitter and MASNSports.com daily and I don't see anybody jumping down their throat. The offense is not executing, bottom line. You can pull up stats over the whole season all day, but it is now, when the games matter the most that they are completely failing just like they failed in July. It just floors me that after all the Crowley talk that everybody is rushing to defend Jim Presley when he hasn't had one championship offense. And FYI the Kansas City Royals who just overtook us, fired their hitting coach and went on a tear afterwards... Sometimes changing instruction does help, and especially more often than not with the hitting coach.
You think KC's offense went on a tear because they got different hitting instructions from their batting coach? Couldn't just be the law of averages? So Jim Pressley gave good instruction in the 1st half when the team was hitting better and poor instructions in the 2nd half.

Thank you.

The Royals' entire season has been one big roller-coaster, before, during, and after the firings and hirings of their hitting coaches (George Brett stepped down as the hitting coach on July 25th, less than two months after taking over for deposed hitting coaches Jeff Maloof and Andre David on May 30th.)

O

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO STREAK

00-00 to 17-10:OOO (17-10)

17-10 to 21-29:OOO (4-19)

21-29 to 34-34:OOO (13-5)

34-34 to 45-51:OOO (11-17)

45-51 to 62-54:OOO (17-3)

62-54 to 64-64:OOO (2-10)

64-64 to 81-72:OOO (17-8)

O

THE THREAD:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/136213-2013-ROYALS-The-Ultimate-Roller-Coaster?p=3295544#post3295544

Slightly off topic... but over the course of his 37,249 posts... can anyone remember a statistically justifiable position taken by Trea? Ever? Anyone? Buhler? Anyone?

Trea I am sure has. 37000 posts he must have. He wanted Tex but so did many

others if my old brain remembers correctly.

I'm okay with questioning Presley's approach - but suggesting he be fired? C'mon.

I would say it has more to do with the type of players we acquire. So some of this has to go on the front office - including Andy MacPhail. I really do think players have natural tendencies - their "hitting personalities" you might say. You can't really change someone's personality at the core, but you can teach them to, say, not talk quite so loud, etc. A guy like Adam Jones, for example. He's an aggressive hitter and it has served him pretty well. We so often remember the strikeouts with RISP - and seldom remember the bombs that won games for us. I don't know why that is.

Remember, Billy Beane is the guy who put together teams of fat guys who get on base. That had little to do with a hitting coach coming along and telling guys who had been helicopter swinging since Little League to start taking walks.

My point: Hopefully we keep adding/acquiring players who know how to work pitchers and take walks. Their influence will seep into the games and make a bigger impact long-term than any hitting coach could.

People wanted the RISP thread locked as well, and look what Roch and Melweski have been constantly talking about as well as several other Orioles fans. I can almost guarantee that Presley's situation is going to come up if the Orioles miss the playoffs because you can't have this much failure to execute in this crucial time and not discuss a coaching change. When Dan Duquette is saying he wants a team that gets on base, and your OBP of the team is 19th in MLB, that shows that there is a disconnect. The Orioles have players that can get on base, but they aren't because they are being too aggressive and that's a trait of Presley's teams.

Please provide documentation that hitting coaches have any measurable and consistent impact on batters. Thanks.

Archived