Bud Norris has a great demeanor on the mound

Flacco Machado

You truly think he is a 2.8 ERA pitcher?

I doubt he will be as bad/average as he was with Houston, but he isn't going to be a sub 3.5 pitcher either.

I never said he would be a sub 3.5 pitcher........but there is zero chance he will be the guy he was in Houston either with our defense behind him.

How about instead of making negative predictions you just wait and see what he does the rest of this year, with a real offense to support him and a real defense playing behind him and a much better catcher behind the plate to form a battery with.

And a much better manager who will know how to get the most out of him......predicting him to be closer to the Astros bud Norris just seems silly at this point, take what we've gotten from him this far, be happy about it and hope it continues.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said he would be a sub 3.5 pitcher........but there is zero chance he will be the guy he was in Houston either with our defense behind him.

How about instead of making negative predictions you just wait and see what he does the rest of this year, with a real offense to support him and a real defense playing behind him and a much better catcher behind the plate to form a battery with.

And a much better manager who will know how to get the most out of him......predicting him to be closer to the Astros bud Norris just seems silly at this point, take what we've gotten from him this far, be happy about it and hope it continues.

I am all about seeing what he does, I am just going on career numbers and scouting reports when I make my conclusions. I would love for him to turn into a solid pitcher here.

But, if you don't think he is a sub 3.5 pitcher, how is his first three starts not a fluke?

Because fluke is a strong word. He has the "stuff" to dominate on any given night, but playing with the Astros he had games where he would just blow up and it would destroy his era for the entire season.

He probably could have blown up against San Fran but he didn't, he stayed tough and kept us in it.

Is that a sign of things to come or did he just find something in one particular game? His first two games were pretty dominant so if he can just buckle down and give us 5 and 2 when he "doesn't have it" instead of the era destroying meltdowns of his past then yes, maybe we do have a 3.5 era pitcher.

I'm not gonna call it a lock or call it a fluke, I'm just gonna keep watching and hope for the best.

As I said, I was being facetious with the number based on the comparison with Scherzer. I think he is a fine #4 starter. It came with a high price tag, but it gives certainty to a position that was undecided for this year and next.

He has had 3 great starts, but that doesn't mean he is going to sustain this pace. People are posting like he will. People ignore the fact that Jason Hammel had a better month of July than Norris did (and Hammel wasn't that good). People are trying to erase the slate for him because he pitched for a bad team in Houston with a bad defense, but coming to the Orioles isn't going to magically make his ERA drop a run and a half or more.

So what? Seriously....so what? Why does it bother you so much that people are posting favorable things about Norris on here? Who cares if you think it is pie in the sky thinking, at least it is positive thinking. It is sort of like a friendship. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and will be a great friend to you until you give me a reason not to. Norris has not done anything while on the O's for us not to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be the negative Nellie and fight people who want to think positively about Bud Norris. Is it because you were a naysayer when we traded for him and you don't want to be proven wrong? Are you just having a bad day? Are you just a negative person overall? I'm not sure which is the answer.

I like what I see so far. I really do. I am glad we have him around next year.

He is better than some nay-sayers on here were saying but he isn't as good as others think. He is a #3 and I am okay with that. We needed another arm for next year.

I like what I see so far. I really do. I am glad we have him around next year.

He is better than some nay-sayers on here were saying but he isn't as good as others think. He is a #3 and I am okay with that. We needed another arm for next year.

When he was the focus of many trade rumors, MLB Rumors labeled Bud as a #3 type of starter, since he has good stuff.

So what? Seriously....so what? Why does it bother you so much that people are posting favorable things about Norris on here? Who cares if you think it is pie in the sky thinking, at least it is positive thinking. It is sort of like a friendship. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and will be a great friend to you until you give me a reason not to. Norris has not done anything while on the O's for us not to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be the negative Nellie and fight people who want to think positively about Bud Norris. Is it because you were a naysayer when we traded for him and you don't want to be proven wrong? Are you just having a bad day? Are you just a negative person overall? I'm not sure which is the answer.

Wasn't against the trade but didn't like giving up Hader. Like the stability it creates for the #4. Not really sure how it is being negative, assuming he will be similar to what he was in Houston or a little better. Not having a bad day at all. Not a negative person at all. Just can't stand stupidity.

Wasn't against the trade but didn't like giving up Hader. Like the stability it creates for the #4. Not really sure how it is being negative, assuming he will be similar to what he was in Houston or a little better. Not having a bad day at all. Not a negative person at all. Just can't stand stupidity.

So now people are stupid to think that it is at least possible that Norris can see a big improvement? No pitcher in the history of baseball made a huge leap in their performance after switching teams?

So now people are stupid to think that it is at least possible that Norris can see a big improvement? No pitcher in the history of baseball made a huge leap in their performance after switching teams?

Do you recall a pitcher name Greinke?

He was 10-14 with a 4.17 ERA in his last year with the Royals in 2010. After being traded to the Brewers in 2011, he went 16-6 with a 3.83 ERA.

He was 10-14 with a 4.17 ERA in his last year with the Royals in 2010. After being traded to the Brewers in 2011, he went 16-6 with a 3.83 ERA.

AJ Burnett is another one, 34-35 in three years with the Yankees and 16-10 for the Pirates the following year.

Exactly....thank you Rick. It happens all the time. Just because a player performs one way for one team does not mean that player is destined to play that way the remainder of their career. That thinking is just ludicrous.

AJ Burnett is another one, 34-35 in three years with the Yankees and 16-10 for the Pirates the following year.

I wouldn't say a .30 drop in ERA is a big improvement. And I know you are traditional in your way of viewing stats, but using wins is a pretty bad way to look at a pitcher. Burnett was much improved out of New York, but that was to be suspected since he was going to a low profile team, as he stated he prefers that over the big destinations (granted he signed his contract with NYY).

Archived