Bud Norris has a great demeanor on the mound

Flacco Machado

Not really sure Hader falls into that category.

I think we're forgetting that the primary objective was to get someone who could help pitch us into and maybe through the post-season. Both Hader and Bridwell were definitely far away from being able, if ever, to do that. Norris has a fighting chance to be that type of late-stage reinforcement and, so far, he's proven DD right--those were three important victories he was a major factor in.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we're forgetting that the primary objective was to get someone who could help pitch us into and maybe through the post-season. Both Hader and Bridwell were definitely far away from being able, if ever, to do that. Norris has a fighting chance to be that type of late-stage reinforcement and, so far, he's proven DD right--those were three important victories he was a major factor in.

I understand this logic. We are in competition mode now so you have to overpay with the future for now. I am glad we added Norris. He automatically becomes are 4th best starting pitcher.

Well thank you thought police. I didn't realize you were an admin now.

No one is really discussing the trade. Norris had 3 good starts and people are overreacting.

No one is overreacting.....absolutely no one is calling him the savior or anything of the sort.

The only one here who is acting absurdly is you, bashing the guy for what he did in Houston and saying he's gonna start to struggle any day now.

No one is overreacting.....absolutely no one is calling him the savior or anything of the sort.

The only one here who is acting absurdly is you, bashing the guy for what he did in Houston and saying he's gonna start to struggle any day now.

How is it bashing to cite his career stats from Houston. Or to cite that he carried a 6.38 ERA in 24 innings in July. It is stating facts. Things that have happened. What he is doing now is unsustainable. Would it be great if he proved me wrong, yes, but it is highly unlikely that he proves that assumption wrong. And I don't get why people can't understand or accept that.

No one is saying he's gonna sustain his first three starts!!!!

But we are saying he will improve on that July number and may very well improve on his career numbers.

Why is THAT so hard for you to understand?

Umm, I have been saying that same thing. I am sure he will improve on the July number. But there was at least one poster in this thread that said he was discrediting all of his numbers from Houston. How is that a logical argument? How can you have a discussion with someone that takes a stance like that? That's when things got out of hand in this thread. Said poster said I called his first three starts a fluke, implying that he things that is what the real Norris is. When questioned on it, he doesn't think Norris is a sub-3.5 guy. People use words and don't understand their meanings. That is the biggest issue.

If you think this is the type of talent he is, you are sorely mistaken.

Do I think Norris will be decent, yeah, but he also had a worse July than Jason Hammel. Norris will throw lots of stinkers, it just hasn't happened yet.

Wow dude you are a straight stick in the mud. I didn't realize you followed his career pre Orioles so closely. Oh wait, you looked at "stats" didn't you? The dude has played in Houston. His first few years in the league he was very highly touted and thought of- it's not hard to imagine playing in baseball Siberia taking it's toll. Guys improve with time regardless, playing with a contender only adds fuel to the fire.

I'm guessing you predicted Chris Davis would become an all-star though too right?

Bud bumped Tony today on the Fan.
English please?

Tony was supposed to be interviewed on 105.7 sports radio today, but he got bumped to tomorrow because they interviewed Bud Norris instead.

I don't understand that myself. What does Norris know ??? He hasn't even been here a month. Tony has been a hard-core Oriole fan for 39 years.

Archived