Orioles RISP Tracking Thread

JTrea81

On the other hand, if you only include the games that we've won so far this year..........the Orioles are undefeated!

My point isn't that they are bad in losses... My point is that in 28 games since the ASB, we are 14-14 and hitting .115 in our losses (i.e. they are hitting that terribly pretty much every other game which is leading to so many losses).

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The distribution is not unusual for a team playing .500 ball although the Orioles are getting a larger amount of opportunities than most lately due to their offensive ability. This is the third game in a row where they had 14 opportunities to score. If you look back earlier in the season, the Orioles were much more consistent with cashing in on RISP opportunities, which is also as some pointed out when they were playing above .500 ball and why their numbers with RISP overall look so good now.

I am really not sure what you are shooting for here Trea. First, you need to provide context. Is their game to game "inconsistency" significantly different than other teams? By the overall measure of comparing their numbers you will admit they have been pretty good this year in high leverage and RISP. You changed the argument that they are really good in some games and really bad in others and so that is what is helping them in that regard. Fair enough, but I would need to understand if they are any more inconsistent than other teams. The reality is that their "inconsistency" on a game to game basis isn't unlike an individual batter. A .333 hitter isn't going 1 for 3 every night. Further if you prove that their perceived inconsistency is irregular as compared to other teams, well then you have to ask why. It can't be approach in my opinion as their approach to me isn't significantly different from one game to the next, meaning their aggressive approach works on the really good nights and overall as compared to the rest of the league. Lastly, you would need to spell out how to change this inconsistency. Changing the hitting coach doesn't count.

I am just not sure what your angle is here. The problem with this team is not the hitting, it is the pitching. Their OBP is basically the same pre and post all star but slugging and OPS is down. Maybe they should be trying to hit more homeruns.

To compile that data you would either need access to STATS or have a heck of a lot of time on your hands...

Hahaha. In other words, "I will continue to pull nonsense from my ass, with nothing to back it up, and the onus is on you to prove me wrong because I'm lazy and disingenuous. Good luck!"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

The distribution is not unusual for a team playing .500 ball although the Orioles are getting a larger amount of opportunities than most lately due to their offensive ability. This is the third game in a row where they had 14 opportunities to score. If you look back earlier in the season, the Orioles were much more consistent with cashing in on RISP opportunities, which is also as some pointed out when they were playing above .500 ball and why their numbers with RISP overall look so good now.

You have no idea if any of this is true, let alone how it relates to other teams in the league because you've admitted to being too lazy to gather information to backup your arguments. Why should anyone take you seriously?

Hahaha. In other words, "I will continue to pull nonsense from my ass, with nothing to back it up, and the onus is on you to prove me wrong because I'm lazy and disingenuous. Good luck!"

I prefer the term intellectually dishonest.

The Orioles, before today, had a .792 OPS in RISP situations, 2nd in the AL. Their BA was .279, also 2nd in the league. So what is the point of this thread exactly?

By the way, the O's had a .787 OPDS with RISP at the end of July. That means their OPS during August in RISP situations has been approximately .831. So what is the point of this thread exactly?

The team is 3rd in the league in runs scored per game for the season, and 2nd in the league in August. So what is the point of this thread exactly?

Look, all teams are going to have games where they hit poorly in RISP situations. Even a bad week. Even a bad month. None of that changes the fact that the Orioles have hit very well this season, especially in RISP situations.

So what is the point of this thread exactly?

It is just a poorly developed attack at a team that has plenty of flaws. Just not this one. Or it is an attempt to get a perfectly fine man name Jim Presley fired for sport. One or the other.

In other words I have a two month old to care for and don't have time to go looking up 30 teams and how they each did with RISP in every game and formatting the data and then posting it. Priorities.

Trea, since you don't have the numbers to back up your assertions, and would prefer to hide behind an infant, I see no point in anyone continuing this discussion with you. Go ahead and continue to toss your crap around like a monkey at a zoo. Visiting hours are over for the rest of us, so you'll just have to be content on your own.

Trea, since you don't have the numbers to back up your assertions, and would prefer to hide behind an infant, I see no point in anyone continuing this discussion with you. Go ahead and continue to toss your crap around like a monkey at a zoo. Visiting hours are over for the rest of us, so you'll just have to be content on your own.

Nice. I like it.

In other words I have a two month old to care for and don't have time to go looking up 30 teams and how they each did with RISP in every game and formatting the data and then posting it. Priorities.

The Orioles have a cumulative record of 571-761 during your posting career here, a .428 winning percentage. During your self imposed absence, it was 150-115, a .566 winning percentage. That is every bit as relevant as your theory, except it has the important distinction of being accurate.

The Orioles have a cumulative record of 571-761 during your posting career here, a .428 winning percentage. During your self imposed absence, it was 150-115, a .566 winning percentage. That is every bit as relevant as your theory, except it has the important distinction of being accurate.

Somebody needs to start a fire JTrea thread.

In other words, you espouse BS arguments and then hide behind your kid when asked to back up the argument with actual facts. Don't play the martyr here with your properties shtick. No one is making you argue this ridiculous stuff.

Then why track the data at all? If you can't give meaningful context all you're doing is stirring up stuff by making up a context where the information seems alarming.

I might start a thread where I track the Orioles' IRV-U. Cutting edge new number, perfectly correlates to winning the World Series. It's currently 988. That's terrible! Duquette and Buck are mindless drones for not fixing it! 2014 is doomed! What's that you say, you want to know the other teams' IRV-U? No, sorry, my kid's first day at kindergarten was today, I have other priorities.

Archived