Miguel Tejada to be suspended

wingman123

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: MLB to suspend former AL MVP Miguel Tejada 105 games for amphetamines. Tested positive twice. Story coming soon at Yahoo! Sports.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">August 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he kept it in his little black briefcase next to the "B12" shots.

Kansas City Royals infielder Miguel Tejada will receive a 105-game suspension after twice testing positive for Adderall, a penalty that could end the career of the 39-year-old former American League MVP, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Miguel Tejada is considering retiring after receiving a 105-game suspension from MLB. (USA Today Sports)Because Tejada had previously tested positive under the league?s amphetamine policy, he was subject to a 25-game ban for a second positive, which was found in a test this season. A third positive, in close proximity to the second, called for an additional 80-game suspension, totaling a concurrent 105.

source - yahoo.com

105? Where is MLB getting these random suspension #'s from.

Don't they have some from of contractual obligation with the Player's Union they have to adhere to?

He tested positive three times.

First offense 0 games. (this was sometime in the past)

Second offense 25 games.

Third offense 80 games.

The second and third offenses were both this season.

There goes the Royals playoff chances!

He was already out for the season with with a calf injury. This suspension will have to be served into the 2014 season which is why it will probably end his career. :(

...so... Orioles HOF anyone? :boogie:

He was already out for the season with with a calf injury. This suspension will have to be served into the 2014 season which is why it will probably end his career. :(

...so... Orioles HOF anyone? :boogie:

Oh, I know. I was referring to the way Raffygate seemed to crush this team in 2005. Was just messing around.

He tested positive three times.

First offense 0 games. (this was sometime in the past)

Second offense 25 games.

Third offense 80 games.

The second and third offenses were both this season.

I don't understand how he tested positive twice. Did they just wait to announce both of them together?

I should have called Miggy and advised him to just go to the doctor and complain about having ADD. It's easier to get an adderall prescription than it is to drive to the pharmacy to pick it up. LaRoche on the Nats takes greenies every day and nobody bothers him about it.

I could have billed him 10 grand for that priceless advice.

I should have called Miggy to just go to the doctor and get an ADD prescription. It's easier to get adderall than the drive to the pharmacy to pick it up. LaRoche on the Nats takes greenies every day and nobody bothers him about it.

Except the whole part where they increased the requirements for a waiver. Evidently you actually do need a medical reason to get the waiver.

Except the whole part where they increased the requirements for a waiver. Evidently you actually do need a medical reason to get the waiver.

ADD is not a medical reason? It's perfect because there is no test for ADD. Once the doctor agrees that you have it, you have the official diagnosis. Yes it would look incredibly suspicious for an older baseball player to get a prescription for greenies claiming ADD.

ADD is not a medical reason? It's perfect because there is no test for ADD. Once the doctor agrees that you have it, you have the official diagnosis. Yes it would look incredibly suspicious for an older baseball player to get a prescription for greenies claiming ADD.

Didn't we already have this conversation? Or is someone else asking me the same stupid questions in a row about this specific topic?

The Medical community can write whatever prescriptions they want.

MLB can put forth whatever restrictions on their use they want.

The two have little to do with one another.

I don't know what the standards were before, I do not know what the standards are now. What I do know is that it is harder to get a waiver now then it was a couple years ago.

Archived