Miguel Tejada to be suspended

wingman123

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm after reading the article I'm not sure how I feel about this. They were apparently convinced enough by a doctor that he suffered from ADD to allow him to take Adderall in the first place for 5 years legally.

Well. What changed? Did they find out he was lying so they straight up denied the renewal? Or was there simply bureaucratic red tape that was causing the renewal process to take too long?

If he really does suffer from ADD and I were him I'd keep taking the Adderall too. Those drugs can have some pretty f'd up withdrawal symptons if you attempt to stop the treatment cold turkey especially if you've been on it everyday for 5 years.

Hmm after reading the article I'm not sure how I feel about this. They were apparently convinced enough by a doctor that he suffered from ADD to allow him to take Adderall in the first place for 5 years legally.

Well. What changed? Did they find out he was lying so they straight up denied the renewal? Or was there simply bureaucratic red tape that was causing the renewal process to take too long?

If he really does suffer from ADD and I were him I'd keep taking the Adderall too. Those drugs can have some pretty f'd up withdrawal symptons if you attempt to stop the treatment cold turkey especially if you've been on it everyday for 5 years.

This is why I think the ADD thing is a joke. You don't suddenly get ADD when you are 35. These guys are clearly lying to get the greenies.

I am curious about the effects of psychoactive drugs on physical performance. I never played baseball (or any sport for that matter) at a level where I suspect the effects would even remotely register, so I have always wondered what a half decent player experiences on the field when they are under the influence of greenies, or as they did it in the old days 10 cups of the assistant trainer’s coffee.

And then there is the fuzzy area of whether a player that legitimately has ADD gets any performance benefit from pharmaceutical treatment that is above and beyond the restoration of any ADD linked limitations.

I am curious about the effects of psychoactive drugs on physical performance. I never played baseball (or any sport for that matter) at a level where I suspect the effects would even remotely register, so I have always wondered what a half decent player experiences on the field when they are under the influence of greenies, or as they did it in the old days 10 cups of the assistant trainer?s coffee.

And then there is the fuzzy area of whether a player that legitimately has ADD gets any performance benefit from pharmaceutical treatment that is above and beyond the restoration of any ADD linked limitations.

I am prescribed Adderall for ADD. I am prescribed one pill in the morning. It's a pretty low dose too, just 15mg of the XR. So I only get 7.5 mg and then another 7.5 mg 4 hours later. Some people take 90mg a day, it's insane.

Even at that low dose, I love it and feel it gives me an edge. I can feel it kick in after about an hour. I get a burst of energy and I have laser focus. The feeling of energy goes away quickly but I still maintain the laser focus all day.

At work I am like a machine. I don't hate being there like other people. I get 3 times more work done than my co workers and I feel they are lazy and it's true. I go out of my way to do more work, they do the bare minimum and I pick up the slack. I think everyone in the country should be prescribed adderall. The production would be incredible.

All this and it's just my prescribed dose. If I REALLY want an edge, I could pop 2 pills, but I'm not going down that road. I bet ballplayers do.

I never was prescribed adderall when I played baseball but I know it would have helped greatly and gave me an edge. I made it pretty far to Semi Pro. I was 25 and I played on a semi pro team with college kids. Harold Baines played in this league and I faced Pete Schourek. I was the best hitter on the team. I have newspaper articles to back all this up. That's why I liked that article about athletes and ADD.

I wonder if he kept it in his little black briefcase next to the "B12" shots. source - yahoo.com

Adderall?

That's how a high percentage of students get through med school. If it works for our future medical doctor's, I have a tough time caring about a baseball player using it.

Now, if he obtained it illegally, that's a matter for law enforcement.

Having a prescription does not a banned substance make ok. There are different rules to play baseball than to live life.
That is one viewpoint.

You against Lasik for players?

Also Robert's with his special contacts.

There's a lot of gray area in here. Are ACL replacements natural? Or performance-enhancing? Prior to the 1970s tearing a knee ligament was a career-ender. Tommy John surgery. Microfracture. Platelet-rich plasma. Shoulder capsule tightening. All kinds of stuff that could have allowed Smoky Joe Wood to win 300 games, if only they'd existed 100 years ago. They say Chick Hafey couldn't read a train schedule his eyesight was so bad, so if he'd had access to Brian Roberts' docs he might have had 4000 hits.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first time a baseball player has preemptive surgery to improve something that hasn't even broken yet.

That is one viewpoint.

You against Lasik for players?

Lasik is used by those with heart conditions to get rid of fluid buildup that is a health issue with their circulation.

In this scenario, if you have a problem with your heart, you shouldn't be playing professional sports.

Lasik is used by those with heart conditions to get rid of fluid buildup that is a health issue with their circulation.

In this scenario, if you have a problem with your heart, you shouldn't be playing professional sports.

I would imagine abusing adderalls and then running around a baseball field for 4 hours can't be great for your heart.

Archived