Who finishes #1? Davis or Cabrera?

Moose Milligan

Who ends up with the home run crown?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who ends up with the home run crown?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Davis will but I won't lie, it would be really cool to see Cabrera win back to back triple crowns.

I'm totally struggling with this right now. I'm a huge Miggy Cabrera fan (have been ever since his Marlin days). I don't know who I want to win this home run race because I would love to see Miggy with back to back triple crowns.

I'm totally struggling with this right now. I'm a huge Miggy Cabrera fan (have been ever since his Marlin days). I don't know who I want to win this home run race because I would love to see Miggy with back to back triple crowns.

I'll always root for the Oriole to win so to speak, so I hope Chris Davis can hold off Carbrea's charge, but I think it's going to be really tough. He is on fire right now. Davis has a lot of power and is still hitting well. But he isn't hitting them out as much now as he was earlier this year. I think it's going to be mighty close. I think Davis will squeak it out, but there's plenty of time for Cabrera to close the gap and take that triple crown again.

Cabrera will most certainly finish ahead of Davis in HR's. It is my opinion that he's going to win the Triple Crown again, and he's a much better hitter than Davis, and has crazy power to boot. Not to take anything away from Chris, but Miguel will pass him by the second week in Sept, if not sooner. Its ridiculous how good Cabrera is. Beast.

Declaring this with certainty is really dumb.

That's not certainty; that's conviction. It is physically impossible to make a factual statement about the occurrence of an event in the future, unless you're a cosmologist talking about time periods on the order of the total lifespan of the universe. He was stating that he is confident that what he believes will happen, will happen - that's not the same as saying it is a fact. When in doubt, read other peoples' posts charitably (giving them the benefit of the doubt).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

I love Davis and hope he can hold him off, but Miggy is on fire and may be the best pure hitter I have ever seen. I'm hoping the dude is clean, because back to back Triple Crowns would truly be awesome.

I like the idea above of a tie so Davis has a share of the Home Run title while Miggy gets his triple crown. Then we can have an entire offseason of people stating that Miggy's Triple Crown is tainted because he TIED for the HR title. Nothing like controversy to make the cold Winter nights fly by. :D

Davis has a 4 home run lead. I don't see him catching Davis considering his past home run totals have been pretty consistent over the years. One thing interesting to compare the two players is that Davis has twice as many strike outs.

I'd have to lean to Cabrera catching him. It might take the rest of the season and Davis'll make him work to catch him, but I'd go with that. If I had to bet on which guy would charge into the finish line, it'd be Cabrera. And then which guy would go into a slump to hurt their chances, it'd be Davis.

Archived