Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

I heard Adam Jones today on XM MLB. He confirmed that Seattle pulled him out of winter ball two days ago. He is in Venezuela right now. He was asked why they pulled him out and he said he didn't have a lot of details but basically Seattle told him to hang loose while things get sorted out. He sounded like a guy who maybe knew a little more than he was letting on, but I didn't get the sense that he was sure a deal was going to happen. Also said it was an honor to be talked about as a chip in a trade for a great player such as Bedard (note this was in response to a question re: Bedard rumors).

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he hasn't returned to Seattle yet? I wonder if they are waiting for a trade and then he'll fly to Baltimore for a physical instead of Seattle or he'll need the Orioles permission to continue playing in Winter Ball. Considering the M's told him to hang loose while they sorted things out this definitely sounds like a trade is coming very soon.

So he hasn't returned to Seattle yet? I wonder if they are waiting for a trade and then he'll fly to Baltimore for a physical instead of Seattle or he'll need the Orioles permission to continue playing in Winter Ball. Considering the M's told him to hang loose while they sorted things out this definitely sounds like a trade is coming very soon.

Just remember that during the Burnett discussions there was one night when a couple of our players were actually pulled right before a game in anticipation of a trade and that trade never went down. Nonetheless I am hopeful.

Just remember that during the Beckett discussions there was one night when a couple of our players were actually pulled right before a game in anticipation of a trade and that trade never went down. Nonetheless I am hopeful.

True that it probably doesnt necessarily mean a trade will go down but we can probably take it as a sign that things could be very very close and Seattle wants to take that extra precaution so things dont fall through due to Jones getting any type of injury.

Maybe the are just making sure that some fluke injury doesnt befall him before a trade is pulled off. They are unsure of exactly when or if the trade will go down and they dont want him hurt and messing up the program.

So things are probably starting to heat up and they might be coming closer to agreeing on that 1 other player that Rosenthal talked about.

Archived