Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

So things are probably starting to heat up and they might be coming closer to agreeing on that 1 other player that Rosenthal talked about.

At this point I don't care if they send Ken Griffey's old socks - let's get this thing going!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones in CF and Nick in RF is going to be very nice.

If they Gutierrez in an Indians deal and can move a few of the 1b/3b/DH types, you can move Scott to DH and have a very solid defensive OF.

You think Seattle might be interested in Scott also? Maybe use him to pull some more prospects out. I heard they planned to start Jones in the outfield and trading him will make them need another outfielder.

I would think if they were pulling him because he had gotten enough ABs, then they would have told him to come back to Seattle. Sounds promising...

Why would they make him leave if it was just about him getting enough at bats? If it was about that I think they wouldve told him going in though.

I heard Adam Jones today on XM MLB. He confirmed that Seattle pulled him out of winter ball two days ago. He is in Venezuela right now. He was asked why they pulled him out and he said he didn't have a lot of details but basically Seattle told him to hang loose while things get sorted out. He sounded like a guy who maybe knew a little more than he was letting on, but I didn't get the sense that he was sure a deal was going to happen. Also said it was an honor to be talked about as a chip in a trade for a great player such as Bedard (note this was in response to a question re: Bedard rumors).

Finally the "outsiders" earning some rep! :002_shappy: Great report, even if it doesn't come to pass!

baltfan, can you give us a little better idea of what was said. Do you happen to recall the specific q's and answers? Just looking for more to read in to. :002_sdrool:

The host was very aware of the winter ball situation. He actually seemed to have set up the interview specifically for that reason. His first question was why Jones had been pulled. Jones said it was Seattle's decision because they had some things to sort out (or something to this effect). He was asked what was working on down there and he said handling offspeed pitches and not striking out as much. Was asked if he knew about the trade rumors and he said he was aware. Said that while he liked Seattle he just wants to play in the ML (this wasn't said with an attitude).

The host seemed to sense that Jones may know more than he was revealing so asked more about Bedard rumors and that was when he said it was an honor to be thought of as part of a trade for such a great player. Then asked did the Mariners give you anymore information as to why you were pulled. Said he talked to the Mariner's GM and they didn't really tell him much. Was asked if they told him he was being traded or would be traded. He said the GM said that they didn't want him to play until everything was sorted out.

I was in my car during this, but this is a pretty good summary.

Guest rochester
The host was very aware of the winter ball situation. He actually seemed to have set up the interview specifically for that reason. His first question was why Jones had been pulled. Jones said it was Seattle's decision because they had some things to sort out (or something to this effect). He was asked what was working on down there and he said handling offspeed pitches and not striking out as much. Was asked if he knew about the trade rumors and he said he was aware. Said that while he liked Seattle he just wants to play in the ML (this wasn't said with an attitude).

The host seemed to sense that Jones may know more than he was revealing so asked more about Bedard rumors and that was when he said it was an honor to be thought of as part of a trade for such a great player. Then asked did the Mariners give you anymore information as to why you were pulled. Said he talked to the Mariner's GM and they didn't really tell him much. Was asked if they told him he was being traded or would be traded. He said the GM said that they didn't want him to play until everything was sorted out.

I was in my car during this, but this is a pretty good summary.

Thanks !! Great catch!

Certainly sounds like something is imminent to me. Doubtful they would pull him off the field if they weren't set to move him. Hopefully rumors of the 4th player are true and Seattle has finally relented to AM's demands. Can't imagine that Brob is going to be too far behind him. I know the Cubs have said the talks are off for Roberts. But it seems like those talks could certainly heat up if Bedard is moved within the next few days. The thought of watching an OF of Markakis, Jones and Scott is very exciting.

Probably not...I suspect both of them, along with Miller, could be in the deal.

Barfield as kind of a throw in...Perhaps we are also sending back a guy like JJ Johnson but who knows.

That would be pretty good for me as well... I like Chen from the Mariners as he seems to have a better bat IMO & should be pretty inexpensive considering he missed most of 2007. So what could his value be? Do you thin Peralta is potentially available in this deal?

Have you heard any news regarding a potential transaction???

Looks like they aren't going to leave you be Belkast. Oh well, I have to admit that I still get a rush when I see your Handle in a thread.

Back on topic...

I think if there were another reason why Jones was pulled, he would have cited it. He obviously wouldn't comment on the trade possibility but he didn't give another reason either. His confession lies in his lack of denial.;)

Archived