Jones cf

Markakis rf

Texiera 1b

Clement dh/backup c

Wieters c

Reimold/Scott lf

Rowell/Snyder 3b

Triunfel ss

Maybe we should keep Roberts if none of the offers are of fair value. Probably Costanza or Moore starts the year at 3b, but I would imagine one of Rowell/Snyder may be ready for the show. Triunfel may start the year as our starting SS based on no other options, and let him develop in the 9 spot.

Triunfel is only 17. No way he's ready by 2009.

This seems like quite a lot for Roberts. Have there been any reports regarding these players? I'm not sure if I'd make this trade if I were Cleveland.

Well, Miller has injury issues.

Barfield is coming off of an awful year.

Gutierrez would be expendable with Peralta likely moving to third and pushing Blake to the OF...He seems like he could be a decent corner OFer but a lot of his value is that he is cheap.

IIRC, he is a pretty good defensive player...good arm I think.

Its not really a bad deal at all by the Indians.

IMO I don't think we're getting Teixeira. If the Braves don't resign him to a long term deal, there are going to be a lot of contenders that will be willing to pay top dollar for his services.

Plus he would be just as happy staying in Atlanta since that's where he went to school and spent a number of years living there... Plus they're a contender every year. We're a couple years away from even speculating whether we'll be a contender.

So, if (emphasis on IF, let's not get our hopes up, mmmkay?) a deal with the Mariners goes down, who do you expect to be coming in a trade?

I suspect it'll be Jones, Sherrill, Tillman and Triunfel

I hope you're right but if we could take out Sherrill and add Clement and if we added a mid level prospect that would be a great deal!

If we do Bedard and Roberts, I'm real interested if AM can get anything done on the other guys. Not much time before teams report. I hope he doesn't do trades just for the sake of doing them. Don't think he will, but it's not like Mora, Huff and Millar have zero value. They are each close to bench players, but at least Mora would be a great guy to have on the bench. Huff is going to swing away as our DH I'm afraid. I hope he does well, but...

I know Huff dishonered our beloved city. I know he cannot hit until August. Let us not forget though, that he hit for the cycle at the yard last season, which was a very cool moment for those of us who were in attendance. It also seemed like he played very well against us when he was with Tampa Bay.

What is the least of all evils here? 1) Huff as a DH, 2) Huff on the bench eating up a roster spot, 3) Huff playing against us the way is capable of playing and slaughtering us with his bat. I think I'll take a combo of the first two options, because the third one has happened before and I don't want it to happen again. I think he is capable of more things with his bat than most give him credit for.

So, if (emphasis on IF, let's not get our hopes up, mmmkay?) a deal with the Mariners goes down, who do you expect to be coming in a trade?

I suspect it'll be Jones, Sherrill, Tillman and Triunfel

I think Jones, Clement, Truinfel/Tillman, and Sherill/Chen

I think they would rather give up Tillman, since they would be keeping Morrow.

And dont think they want to get rid of Sherill, even though it's been said he will probably be in the deal. He is the type of player a contending team needs. Not sure why we want him, except for trade bait.

I think its going to be Jones, Clement, Tillman and Chen

Maybe its because, Bedard isnt the only one going to Seattle.

I was thinking that we might give up Walker or Bradford in a deal like this. It would be an opportunity to clear some salary. I think Walker has another good year left in him but then after that I think he'll start going downhill.

I hope you're right but if we could take out Sherrill and add Clement and if we added a mid level prospect that would be a great deal!

I think you are hoping for just a bit too much here. You aren't getting Jones, Clement, Tillman, Triunfel, and a mid level. You aren't even getting those first four. JMHO.:)

Archived