Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

I'm not saying these guys are blue-chippers or studs, but remember Barfield only just turned 25 and is solid. Gutierrez is also solid and about to turn 25, and Miller has been rated their best prospect three years running by Baseball America. Don't discount the fact that these guys are all a few years from free-agency either. That counts for something.

Again, I'm not saying it's a total coup for the Orioles (if this is even on the table), but it seems like a pretty good deal.

It's certainly better than Gallagher, Marshall, & Cedeno.

When you think about it, the 2 packages have similar values.

Gallagher has been healthier and is probably more of a sure thing than Miller but he doesn't have Miller's upside.

Cedeno and Barfield probably have similar values when you consider service time.

Marshall and Gutz are both tweeners...IE Marshall is a 4/5 guy or maybe long reliever and Gutz is going to be your 3rd best OFer(in all likelioohd) or a very good 4th OFer.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well then why would the M's want to do it?

Because the O's for the most part are in the driver's seat and have the piece that the Mariners want so if it means tacking on a little bit of money to their salary to get a premier pitcher then it may make sense in their eyes. Just my opinion though...

The more I think about it the more I think that will be OK as long as the return for Bedard is very good and if we make some smaller moves.

I thought about it alot over the weekend, and Im more hopeful we keep Roberts for the youth movement. He and Markakis will be perfect.

I wonder if we are still getting Clement?

Any chance we get Clement, Triunfel, Tillman and Jones? That would be great for us but I doubt we can get all 4 of them.

Do you think we can add some of our young pitching depth to get all 4 back?

The more I think about it the more I think that will be OK as long as the return for Bedard is very good and if we make some smaller moves.

I agree, if we trade the likes of Mora, Payton, Millar, and Huff, then I would be ok with it.

We just need a big return for Bedard.

Roberts could be one of the vets on a contending team in the future, and he really isn't that old.

Archived