Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont be shocked to see Roberts on the OD roster. As an Oriole.

As long as Bedard is traded, I don't really mind. We might be able to get a decent return for him around the deadline.

However, I'm definitely intrigued by some of the *rumored* Indians deals going around. I really hope MacPhail wouldn't turn down a package where the centerpiece is Miller.

As long as Bedard is traded, I don't really mind. We might be able to get a decent return for him around the deadline.

However, I'm definitely intrigued by some of the *rumored* Indians deals going around. I really hope MacPhail wouldn't turn down a package where the centerpiece is Miller.

Can someone please give me a good explanation on why the Inidans match up so well? Im looking over their roster and I just dont see it. Can the stat gurus here enlighten me on why the Indians would make sense?

When you think about it, the 2 packages have similar values.

Gallagher has been healthier and is probably more of a sure thing than Miller but he doesn't have Miller's upside.

Cedeno and Barfield probably have similar values when you consider service time.

Marshall and Gutz are both tweeners...IE Marshall is a 4/5 guy or maybe long reliever and Gutz is going to be your 3rd best OFer(in all likelioohd) or a very good 4th OFer.

Agree with you on Gallagher/Miller, but I'd rather have Miller for his upside because we have quite a bit of depth with potential No. 3 type young pitchers. So, Miller is more valuable to the O's because we need some guys who have a shot at being No. 1 or 2 pitchers.

I think Barfield (I'm giving him a pass on last year's performance because of him switching leagues and maybe I shouldn't) is going to hit better than Cedeno will. Not too sure how the two compare defensively.

And I was/am very low on Marshall, so Gutierrez in my mind is a much better 3rd piece.

Yea, i keep hearing this but it shouldn't take us trading Bedard for us to dump Mora. I don't see how they tie together.

If you have a choice of players, it may affect exactly which one you'd take.

Anyway, I'd really like for us to trade BR as well. I've always wanted us to trade Miggi, BR and EB, in that order. I think BR's value has peaked and, as much as I like him, he probably won't do us alot of good by the time we're winning again (if he's even here).

Can someone please give me a good explanation on why the Inidans match up so well? Im looking over their roster and I just dont see it. Can the stat gurus here enlighten me on why the Indians would make sense?

Yeah, I'm struggling with this too. I just don't see how it's going to work out.

I agree, if we trade the likes of Mora, Payton, Millar, and Huff, then I would be ok with it.

We just need a big return for Bedard.

Roberts could be one of the vets on a contending team in the future, and he really isn't that old.

While having Roberts could/would be a positive influence for some of the youngsters I don't think holding on to him is wise. He'll be 32 when his contract expires and it wouldn't make much sense to extend him at what he'll be able to get so we might as well maximize what we get in return. That means trading him sooner rather than later.

The Indians want to have Asdrubal Cabrera playing SS...Peralta isn't good defensively at SS.

So, they would either trade Peralta or, more likely, move him to third.

This opens up the need for a second baseman.

I also wonder if they would like to move Sizemore to the #3 spot instead of leadoff?

I thought about it alot over the weekend, and Im more hopeful we keep Roberts for the youth movement. He and Markakis will be perfect.

There is a lot of merit to this as long as Roberts continues to have a good attitude. Someone has to show these guys the way. If you are on the fence on the value of the Roberts package, it could make sense to keep him as part of rebuilding.

BTW, Jones seemed like a nice guy with a decent head on his shoulders.

Archived