TheSun Says The Orioles Have Claimed Willingham and Trying to Work Out A Trade

section18

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will probably be Avery or another OF from AA. Just a guess! There are still a lot of games to play and the Sox could lose 4 or 5 in a row and things can change quickly. We need to win the last game in Boston before heading to NY.

I have mixed feelings about this. If we'd won the last two games I'd be more favorably inclined. It still might be worth it if we don't give up anyone of real value.

I have agree, unless he comes cheap, don't force anything. He's signed for 7 million next season.

I have mixed feelings about this. If we'd won the last two games I'd be more favorably inclined. It still might be worth it if we don't give up anyone of real value.

Yeah, same here. Having Willingham DH next year for 7 mil might not be the worse thing. I'm not sure how much of his decline is related to injury this year. He is getting old and while I like his OBP/power game, the K rate is getting very high. I don't want to give up very much for him.

I've always liked him and he seems to hit well at OP when I've been there. Playing in front of big crowds and being in a pennant race may give him a spark. There are still more than 30 games to play so don't give up. Morales was my 1st choice but apparently someone else claimed him.

I don't know if "only" is a word that fits. $8 million seems like an overpay to me. He turns 35 in February and has had a bad year.

This team paid that much for a washed up Vlad Guerrero. I'm willing to bet Willingham isn't done yet. He's been hurt and there's a good chance he reverts back closer to his career numbers next year.

I don't know if "only" is a word that fits. $8 million seems like an overpay to me. He turns 35 in February and has had a bad year.

Probably splitting hairs here, but Bref says he's owed 7 mil next year. He could have got 8 mil with 525 PA's this year. That ain't gonna happen.

Archived