Catching Tampa Bay? Sure, why not?

orioleslist

WIth the Angels up 11-2 in the 7th, I'm going to assume that within an hour or so we'll be only two full games back of Tampa. On the other fronts, we're six games down in the loss column to Boston, five down to both Oakland and Texas, one ahead of the Yankees, two ahead of Cleveland and three ahead of KC.

Just keep winning, O's, just keep winning, one game at a time. :cool:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its possible that we could overtake the Rays..but we need to win every single series to do it.We benefited from a massive gift today in Masterson

going out with an injury. We need to take care of business and just win baby.

Thanks for the incredible hex you placed on Masterson today. Who's the next unbeatable pitcher? What is that--like the fourth or fifth time this season? Please preserve your mojo for the most important faceoffs, keep the powder dry. :thumbsup1:

How do we go from dead in the water, about to be swept by the Yankees to 2 games back for the last wildcard spot in less than 36 hours? The only thing I know is I don't know. What happens next? Whatever you expect, probably not that.

LOL this is what has made the Orioles such a special team to follow the past two years (going back to September 2011).

Thanks for the incredible hex you placed on Masterson today. Who's the next unbeatable pitcher? What is that--like the fourth or fifth time this season? Please preserve your mojo for the most important faceoffs, keep the powder dry. :thumbsup1:

That's a very conservative estimate, he rarely likes any match up.

Its possible that we could overtake the Rays..but we need to win every single series to do it.We benefited from a massive gift today in Masterson

going out with an injury. We need to take care of business and just win baby.

Roy, there is a month of baseball left. We are two games back.

We do NOT need to win every single series to do it. If we were to do that we would easily take the wild card.

How do we go from dead in the water, about to be swept by the Yankees to 2 games back for the last wildcard spot in less than 36 hours? The only thing I know is I don't know. What happens next? Whatever you expect, probably not that.

Because the other teams need to win too, and they haven't been.

Also, we were never as dead as some people around here thought.

If Tampa keeps playing the way they are, there is a decent chance BOTH the O's AND Yanks catch Tampa. So we have to catch the Rays and hold off the Yanks all at the same time.

Just keep winning, just keep winning.

The reason the Yankees are in it right now is the same reason the Orioles are in it - no one has put us away. The NL is set and has been set for a month. No matter how much the MLB tries to force us to believe that the NAtionals still have a chance, barring some epic collapse from Atlanta or Cincinatti, they don't.

Look at Tampa, Oakland, Boston, and Cleveland's records for the last two-three weeks, they have all been playing like the Orioles. The only team more than one or two games over .500 in that stretch (if they are over .500) is the Yankees. The wild card is shaping up to be a bunch of teams that all have flaws, in some way, fighting it out and someone is going to get hot right at the end of the season and grab it.

Hopefully it is the Orioles.

WIth the Angels up 11-2 in the 7th, I'm going to assume that within an hour or so we'll be only two full games back of Tampa. On the other fronts, we're six games down in the loss column to Boston, five down to both Oakland and Texas, one ahead of the Yankees, two ahead of Cleveland and three ahead of KC.

Just keep winning, O's, just keep winning, one game at a time. :cool:

I think the O's will catch Tampa.

The reason the Yankees are in it right now is the same reason the Orioles are in it - no one has put us away. The NL is set and has been set for a month. No matter how much the MLB tries to force us to believe that the NAtionals still have a chance, barring some epic collapse from Atlanta or Cincinatti, they don't.

Look at Tampa, Oakland, Boston, and Cleveland's records for the last two-three weeks, they have all been playing like the Orioles. The only team more than one or two games over .500 in that stretch (if they are over .500) is the Yankees. The wild card is shaping up to be a bunch of teams that all have flaws, in some way, fighting it out and someone is going to get hot right at the end of the season and grab it.

Hopefully it is the Orioles.

Exactly right--and you can add Texas to the list of teams that are struggling now.

The O's are certaintly in position to make the post season--if they can go on a tear. A two game winning streak with Tillman on the mound tonight and the White Sox coming to town is as good a time as any.

Archived