Catching Tampa Bay? Sure, why not?

orioleslist

I think the O's will catch Tampa.

Funny thing is that if it were only a matter of the O's playing Tampa head-on, I agree--I think they would. I'm confident that the O's would repeatedly figure out how to hit their vaunted pitchers enough to win most of the games (pitching, of course, being Tampa's main advantage on paper). It's just that I don't trust the other teams on Tampa's remaining schedule to beat them....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny thing is that if it were only a matter of the O's playing Tampa head-on, I agree--I think they would. I'm confident that the O's would repeatedly figure out how to hit their vaunted pitchers enough to win most of the games (pitching, of course, being Tampa's main advantage on paper). It's just that I don't trust the other teams on Tampa's remaining schedule to beat them....

They get Iwakuma and King Felix this weekend, plus Weaver during the week. I'm hopeful they'll keep spiraling downward.

They get Iwakuma and King Felix this weekend, plus Weaver during the week. I'm hopeful they'll keep spiraling downward.

Go Mariners and Angels! It's just too bad we couldn't make it all the way back in the 9th tonight, unlike the Yankees who just surged past the WSox with 5 runs in the 8th.

Go Mariners and Angels! It's just too bad we couldn't make it all the way back in the 9th tonight, unlike the Yankees who just surged past the WSox with 5 runs in the 8th.

Hopefully Chicago plays poor vs us also. I think we are going to see all lefties that series. Their pen was brutal tonight.

King Felix has had back to back bad starts.

Most likely' date=' the Yankees will go right by everyone. And why wouldn't they? They have the best hitter in baseball.........Alfonso Soriano. They end the season in Houston with 3 sure wins.[/quote']

I remember a certain Red Sox team in 2011 that probably thought they were ending the season with three sure wins.

If Tampa keeps playing the way they are, there is a decent chance BOTH the O's AND Yanks catch Tampa. So we have to catch the Rays and hold off the Yanks all at the same time.

Just keep winning, just keep winning.

I agree with this. ;)

Seriously though, all the nails in the Yankee coffin that we placed in them all year, and the MFY are gonna make the playoffs. You watch. It will be the ultimate slap in our faces!

Inching closer. Keep it up Birds.

I'll say this. I think the O's have a real good chance at pulling this off. BUT....its September 10, and we're a game a half out of the WC. Even if we don't make it, the O's have given us back to back contending seasons. Great work.

I'll say this. I think the O's have a real good chance at pulling this off. BUT....its September 10, and we're a game a half out of the WC. Even if we don't make it, the O's have given us back to back contending seasons. Great work.

September 10th. And we did not revert back to last place. Give yourselves a hand fans. ou are not lovable loses anymore. You are the Fighting Buckwalters.

And if you'd have asked me during the losing, I would have said that is all we could ask for.

I'll say this. I think the O's have a real good chance at pulling this off.

We were 4 1/2 back when I started this thread, 1 1/2 now, so yes, absolutely doable--but can we both pass TB and win 1 more game than Cleveland over the last 19? A challenge, for sure, given the Indians' super soft remaining schedule.

Archived