vs. Yankees 9/1

weams

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it is your 1-2-3 hitters. I think this team is in a funk and at risk of packing it in. Machado was cursing at himself after popup, Jones frustrated. I think this team, particularly those who have been on losers like Jones, Markakis, Wieters, Roberts, is resigned to their fate.

Jones refuses to adjust his approach at the plate. He said he's a hacker, and that's what he does. It often doesn't matter where the pitch is, he swings at it. And he's the team leader. He has the talent to be a great player, but not the plate discipline. He's good to very good, but not great.

You would need data to keep saying that.

I know what I've seen in the stretch the past two years and in the playoffs.

All the "data" I need. I define clutch as performance is crucial games (which is my own arbitrary definition admittedly).

Division games, September games, playoff games etc.

Jones disappears because his approach stinks. He refuses to cut down his swing....ever.

You can't contribute trying to constantly swing for the fences against good teams.

What's the point of being on here if you can't comment on the game, good or bad. If the team is playing bad then I expect to see comments about the bad/awful hitting or pitching.

Idiots like you are responsible for driving all the insightful members off of the game thread. I hope you all poison each other with your ignorance.

Jones refuses to adjust his approach at the plate. He said he's a hacker, and that's what he does. It often doesn't matter where the pitch is, he swings at it. And he's the team leader. He has the talent to be a great player, but not the plate discipline. He's good to very good, but not great.

He's one of the fifteen best at what he does. And what he doesn't do is walk.

Archived