The negativity has got to stop!!! (MAJOR RANT)

orioleslist

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the game thread, if you are looking for analysis I'd probably steer clear. The game thread by its very nature is emotional. I'll never understand why people get some upset at other people for venting in a game thread. That's what the game thread is for. It's the place where the rules are a bit relaxed (but not gone) and where you can react with other fans through the good and the bad. Some people find it therapeutic to grieve or moan with others that feel the same way. Things get said in there that the person doesn't really believe. It's an emotional place and it's not for everyone. I enjoy going in there on occasion. It's like hanging out with a bunch of other Orioles fans while watching the game, but I don't take things too seriously in there.

Tony, I appreciate the perspective of your entire post.

I've selected this particular paragraph because, while I understand the "raw" emotions displayed in the Game Threads, these emotions and venting often fall far outside the norm of behavior of people that I would associate with. Frankly, some of the anger displayed makes me fear for the safety of friends and family of some posters. IMO, it goes beyond listening to "please don't go to the game threads" to the point where some of these posters appear "disturbed" and capable of being a menace to society.

Setting a bar for appropriate behavior in the Game Threads would be appreciated by me. It doesn't have to be a high bar to clear, and I can tolerate some of the "raw emotions", but it can be a scary place these days.

To many the OH is a community not a message board. And posts aren't "just posts" but part of an ongoing conversation. Feel free not to read this or respond.

Sorry about all the wasted space though...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! AAAAAAHH!!! I'm crazy!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!

just what i need; the original poster, orioleslist, telling fans how to be fans. I don't participate in game threads. I don't care what other posters say about the team or it's players or staff. If a poster violates the rules i am confident the mods will take the necessary actions. If you don't like what you are reading, perhaps you're the one who should move on. Or stay out of the game threads. But spare me the lectures.

amen to that brother!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! AAAAAAHH!!! I'm crazy!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!

If this thread is so asinine, why are you taking the time to read and post, multiple times? I happen to agree with the OP, he didn't need to post names but I personally don't have the issue with it you do. 176 posts later in this asinine thread and the majority of comments are in agreement with the OP.

If this thread is so asinine, why are you taking the time to read and post, multiple times? I happen to agree with the OP, he didn't need to post names but I personally don't have the issue with it you do. 176 posts later in this asinine thread and the majority of comments are in agreement with the OP.

I'm curious why he edited that particular post at least twice. When I first saw it, it was rather long about his own experiences (including moderator duties) on message boards, then it was a snarky comment about wasted space getting pooped on, now the "I'm crazy" bit.

I'm curious why he edited that particular post at least twice. When I first saw it, it was rather long about his own experiences (including moderator duties) on message boards, then it was a snarky comment about wasted space getting pooped on, now the "I'm crazy" bit.

I read the same.

Tony, I appreciate the perspective of your entire post.

I've selected this particular paragraph because, while I understand the "raw" emotions displayed in the Game Threads, these emotions and venting often fall far outside the norm of behavior of people that I would associate with. Frankly, some of the anger displayed makes me fear for the safety of friends and family of some posters. IMO, it goes beyond listening to "please don't go to the game threads" to the point where some of these posters appear "disturbed" and capable of being a menace to society.

Setting a bar for appropriate behavior in the Game Threads would be appreciated by me. It doesn't have to be a high bar to clear, and I can tolerate some of the "raw emotions", but it can be a scary place these days.

Please go find one example of a post in the game thread that makes you fear for the safety of a posters family. You can't be serious can you? You have got to back this up with some proof. We are waiting.

Archived