The negativity has got to stop!!! (MAJOR RANT)

orioleslist

I am not "analyzing" them. I WAS them a couple years ago. I was miserable and depressed, and wanted everyone else to be miserable with me. If I saw happy people, it angered me.

I turned things around and I am pretty happy these days. So there is hope for the negative nancies.

To-may-toe, to-mah-toe.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See my previous post. I was one of the negative guys a few years ago, so it's more of an understanding than an analyzation. You have never been depressed and miserable before?

If it was pathological, I'm glad you're feeling better. It it was the same depression and misery we all went through from 1998-2011 then it's hardly a justification for systematically ruining everybody else's fun. The OP and most of this thread isn't referring to momentary frustrations we all feel and occasionally express in the game threads and elsewhere. Most of us are objecting to the the relentless, carping negativity that a few posters have made their stock-in-trade.

Let's not elevate it to something it isn't. It isn't a disease, it's an attitude.

If it was pathological, I'm glad you're feeling better. It it was the same depression and misery we all went through from 1998-2011 then it's hardly a justification for systematically ruining everybody else's fun. The OP and most of this thread isn't referring to momentary frustrations we all feel and occasionally express in the game threads and elsewhere. Most of us are objecting to the the relentless, carping negativity that a few posters have made their stock-in-trade.

Let's not elevate it to something it isn't. It isn't a disease, it's an attitude.

The losing years was not the main cause of my depression. It was the lack of girlfriend, the hatred of my job, unmedicated ADD, dying relatives, that sort of thing. There is no way to force yourself to be happy until you improve your life.

I would love for one of the negative posters to come in here and prove me wrong. I bet not one of them has either 1) a girlfriend 2) a job 3) their own place.

Taking out their frustrations on the poor Orioles.

Is this serious? That's a pretty silly leap if you ask me. You have to be miserable in life to think some negative things about the Orioles?

I don't think we'll make the playoffs and I think the pitching generally stinks, and I have all 3 of those things.

Is this serious? That's a pretty silly leap if you ask me. You have to be miserable in life to think some negative things about the Orioles?

I don't think we'll make the playoffs and I think the pitching generally stinks, and I have all 3 of those things.

No, but to come in here constantly day in and day out, post everything negative, and then disappear when things are good? That is clearly a deeper issue than the Orioles.

Dude I loved my lude! I miss it so much! I put so much money into that car and I got hit head on by some old lady. Was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. I've tried finding one for a year now and no luck. If I do happen to find a vtec it's all riced out. Probably some like Mark Beckens drives.

Damn Ommaculate...you're right in regards to me about the no gf and living at home! LOL!! Seriously. I did however just get a job with a security company. I work on the weekends; night shift. I get 36 hours in three days, which I think is pretty good. lol. I would like to have a gf but most of the time i really don't because it stresses me out and i don't have the money because I only get $8.50 an hour. lol. But I do manage to save as much money as i can though.

If this thread is so asinine, why are you taking the time to read and post, multiple times? I happen to agree with the OP, he didn't need to post names but I personally don't have the issue with it you do. 176 posts later in this asinine thread and the majority of comments are in agreement with the OP.

Those posts never happened. I have no clue what you're talking about.

Archived