vs. Indians 9/2

weams

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember the game in which Lee Lacy hit 3 home runs, and we beat the Yankees by a score of 18-9 (completing a 3-game sweep at Yankee Stadium?)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1320&dat=19860609&id=0T9WAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4OkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6738,2338168

I remember that game. Always great to beat up on the Yankees.

Do you remember when we were the only team that had a winning all time record against the Yankees?

That was a delightful AB by B-Rob despite making an out in the end. We really missed that type of AB most of the season.

Francona's limiting the number of innings each reliever pitches, but it doesn't work if they have to throw two-innings worth of pitches.

I remember that game. Always great to beat up on the Yankees.

Do you remember when we were the only team that had a winning all time record against the Yankees?

Yes.

I also remember when I went to my cousins' house in 1977 (they live in West Springfireld, VA), and they gave me an Orioles game program from that year, with Mark Belanger and Jim Palmer on the cover.

Anyway, inside the booklet, they listed the franchises with the best overall record over the past 20 years (1958-1977), and the Orioles were at #1. :cool:

Archived