vs. Indians 9/3

weams

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually Nick's path reminds me a little bit of Paul Blair. In 1969, Blair was 25, he hit 28 HRs and .285. He somewhat mysteriously declined each of the next three years with BA down to .267, then ..262, then .233 with HRs declining to 18, 10 and 8. He was still a premier defensive CF but he gradually became more of a plate liability.

I thought Blair got beaned and was never the same?

That's marvelous.

How much more money is Nick making this year than a guy like Marlon Byrd, who's 7 years older and OPS'ing 150+ points higher?

I'm so excited to hear this one....

Byrd is making $700K this year lol. Arguably having the best year of his career at age 36. What a game.

Yes, because this one year out of all of his seasons his IFFB% is double the rest of his career. Statistical anomolies = Garrett Atkins, roger that.

Well obviously we are only talking about Garrett Atkins' one year here so I'm not sure what your point is. Markakis is popping up a lot, Roy Firestone said he's popping up a lot, the numbers agree. If anything Roy is wrong that Garrett Atkins was ever Captain Pop-up.

But as long as we're making comparisons:

Garrett Atkins 2010 ISO: .071

Nick Markakis 2013 ISO: .089

Garrett Atkins 2010 BB%: 7.9%

Nick Markakis 2013 BB%: 7.7%

Markakis is handily winning the BABIP race by about 25 points, driven by his far-superior LD%.

I have noticed the past two nights that Bordick is a real ass kisser. Half the stuff he says are flat out lies, and the other things he says are just plain wrong. His praise of Buck is borderline ridiculous. He is going to have to have his nose surgically removed from Buck's hind parts soon!

I have noticed the past two nights that Bordick is a real ass kisser. Half the stuff he says are flat out lies, and the other things he says are just plain wrong. His praise of Buck is borderline ridiculous. He is going to have to have his nose surgically removed from Buck's hind parts soon!

More like the past two years. Bordick is a giant homer. I've never once heard him criticize the Orioles in any way.

It's even worse when he's paired with Hunter, who's even more of a homer. They need to learn that it's OK to say something negative about the Orioles once in a while.

I'm watching, but right now I'm not listening. I hear them, but I don't retain.

Byrd is making $700K this year lol. Arguably having the best year of his career at age 36. What a game.

Well obviously we are only talking about Garrett Atkins' one year here so I'm not sure what your point is. Markakis is popping up a lot, Roy Firestone said he's popping up a lot, the numbers agree. If anything Roy is wrong that Garrett Atkins was ever Captain Pop-up.

But as long as we're making comparisons:

Garrett Atkins 2010 ISO: .071

Nick Markakis 2013 ISO: .089

Garrett Atkins 2010 BB%: 7.9%

Nick Markakis 2013 BB%: 7.7%

Markakis is handily winning the BABIP race by about 25 points, driven by his far-superior LD%.

I hope he is hurt and I am not trying to be funny. He slugged over .500 in May. .305 in June, .326 in July and an amazing .269 in August. Markakis has 11 extra base hits since June that is 79 GAMES!

Archived