Fat Lady is Beginning to Sing

Knuckledragger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fat lady may be beginning to sing, but the orchestra has been playing the overture for about two months now. It would take a near miracle now that we've fallen 4 games behind Tampa AND allowed the Yankees and Indians to get ahead of us. I'm not giving up, but we are in grim circumstances.

I'm not blaming Buck, by the way. We're just not that good.

Thank you WNY. Losing is and should be unacceptable .14 years was enough, I believe. But if some Joe Schmoe wants to attack my spelling or grammar, then so be it. Makes him a bigger and better fan than me I guess

Maybe if you had read board rules you would see. He asked you to use proper

grammar and capitalize proper names. That is not attacking you at all.

This happens to teams that "over achieve" one year, they don't usually reach expectations the next year because the building process isn't done yet. Not to put it all on the BP, if they had the season they did last year we'd be alot closer to Boston and probably be in the #1 playoff spot if not leading the division.

The fat lady may be beginning to sing, but the orchestra has been playing the overture for about two months now. It would take a near miracle now that we've fallen 4 games behind Tampa AND allowed the Yankees and Indians to get ahead of us. I'm not giving up, but we are in grim circumstances.

Frobby is 100% correct.

Good team, just not good enough. They never had the requisite starting pitching to make the playoffs, period.

I've started to accept the fact that this team just doesn't have the magic that last year's team had. I truly think this year's team is ten times more talented than last year, but they just haven't been able to put it together and go on a run. Every night somebody else fails, whether it be the starter, the offense, or the bullpen. I have almost no confidence when we have a slim lead going into the seventh inning or later.

I have lurked on this board for years, and I know that negativity is really frowned upon, but I just can't bring myself to stay positive about this team. We've had four crucial series against playoff contenders and we promptly went 1-2 in all of them. Somehow, we took two from Oakland during that span, but against the last five potential playoff teams we have played, we are 6-9. I don't think we should keep expecting for them to finally go on a tear.

I'm just really down on this team. I love the Orioles and watching Orioles baseball but honestly I had more fun watching them in 2010 and 2011 when they were awful than I have had watching them this past month. And that's what gets me. This team just isn't that fun to watch anymore.

Frobby is 100% correct.

Good team, just not good enough. They never had the requisite starting pitching to make the playoffs, period.

And then the question is how do you improve on that? I think we can get by with the type of rotation we have but only if we have an elite bullpen. Our starters put too much pressure on the rest if the team, there is no margin for error. Hammel has really hurt this year. Our offense was so good the first 3 months we could of been close to 20 games over .500 by the end of June with solid pitching. Too many losses leading after 8 innings has crushed us.

I've started to accept the fact that this team just doesn't have the magic that last year's team had. I truly think this year's team is ten times more talented than last year, but they just haven't been able to put it together and go on a run. Every night somebody else fails, whether it be the starter, the offense, or the bullpen. I have almost no confidence when we have a slim lead going into the seventh inning or later.

I have lurked on this board for years, and I know that negativity is really frowned upon, but I just can't bring myself to stay positive about this team. We've had four crucial series against playoff contenders and we promptly went 1-2 in all of them. Somehow, we took two from Oakland during that span, but against the last five potential playoff teams we have played, we are 6-9. I don't think we should keep expecting for them to finally go on a tear.

I'm just really down on this team. I love the Orioles and watching Orioles baseball but honestly I had more fun watching them in 2010 and 2011 when they were awful than I have had watching them this past month. And that's what gets me. This team just isn't that fun to watch anymore.

I agree with much of what you said, but this year's team isn't TEN times more talented than last years. No way, as the core of the team is essentially the same. I have no idea why you think that, as it is a gross exaggeration. If anything, the starting pitching is worse this year and the pen a lot worse.

And then the question is how do you improve on that? I think we can get by with the type of rotation we have but only if we have an elite bullpen. Our starters put too much pressure on the rest if the team, there is no margin for error. Hammel has really hurt this year. Our offense was so good the first 3 months we could of been close to 20 games over .500 by the end of June with solid pitching. Too many losses leading after 8 innings has crushed us.

No. The rotation needs to be better. Period.

4.66 starter ERA (27 / 30)

Maybe if you had read board rules you would see. He asked you to use proper

grammar and capitalize proper names. That is not attacking you at all.

My bad. Just expressing my opinion here. Didn't know my butchering of the English language would rub so many of you the wrong way. Y'all are too smart for me . Can't hang with you smarties

My bad. Just expressing my opinion here. Didn't know my butchering of the English language would rub so many of you the wrong way. Y'all are too smart for me . Can't hang with you smarties

You should read the board rules - proper spelling, capitalization, and grammar are more or less required here.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2

Yep my thoughts exactly ;)

Archived