Trade rumor

DIPPER24

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread got me thinking about a dream team of sorts (all players 26 and under):

C - Joe Mauer

1B - Albert Pujols (Fun fact: Albert and I share the same birthday)

2B - Robinson Cano (Chase Utley was a little too old)

3B - David Wright

SS - Jose Reyes

LF - Carl Crawford

CF - Grady Sizemore

RF - Miguel Cabrera

DH - Ryan Howard (cheating a little... turned 27 on the 19th)

On topic, I would do Penn, Ray, and Olson/Liz but I don't think I could do Erbe as the final piece.

I don't think we'll actually pull off a trade for Crawford, but just imagine what a 9-1-2 of Patterson, Roberts, and Crawford would do on the bases.

Ray, Penn, and Gibbons I would definitely do for Crawford, although I'd obviously much prefer the deal Tom Davis mentioned, even though its complete fantasy.

Yes, that would be an awesome 9-1-2 in terms of speed. The biggest problem with getting Crawford has to do with a problem that already exists for us and that is hitting left handed pitching and that would give us a 9-1-2-3 who are all LH or switch hitters who hit better from the right side.

I'm not sure why the 'Rays would want Gibbons. I see a more plausible trade involving all pitchers. Something like Ray, Penn and Wright. That gives them a closer and two ML arms for their rotation. I just don't think they would have a place to play Gibbons.

That's a trade that would leave the O's with a rotation of Cabrera, Bedard, Loewen, Benson and RLo. I would think they then go out and get another pitcher from the Padilla/Meche/etc group and trade Rlo. But maybe not.

Maybe to play 1B or DH. Didn't the original poster say it would be for Crawford and another guy? Maybe Ray, Gibbons ( DH, 1B ) Fiorentino, and say Wright for Crawford and Gomes? Heck, even if we have to replace Fio with Reimold, i'd still do it in a heartbeat. Reimold has potential, but heck, we would have our LF for the next 4 years atleast, and Markakis is concrete in RF for the next 10 years hopefully.

Here is last year's line:

AVG .305 | HR 18 | RBI 77 | OBP .348 | SLG .482

I would like to see him get on-base a little more and I am surprised he doesnt hit for more doubles. Improving in those two categories would certainly make him close to the elite.

He sure would look nice batting 2nd between BRob and Kakes!

Well when you hit 16 triples you don't have to hit 40 doubles. I'll take 16 triples over 35+ doubles anyday. Anyway if you get Crawford I'm not sure you can bat Markakis 3rd as that would have three LH batters in a row and four if Patterson is leading off the inning. It would probably be better to bat him 4th eventually.

Roberts

Crawford

Tejada

Markakis

Mora

Gibbons

Hernandez

Millar/Phelps

Patterson

Besides being in the same division we match up well with the DRays. The need young pitching, and we have some.

What is the highest package you would give the DRays for Crawford?

I would almost give them close to anything they wanted besides Bedard, Markakis, or Loewen because LF is a huge need for us and Crawford will be a top 5 LF in the next 2 years.

Ray, Penn and Olson

Well when you hit 16 triples you don't have to hit 40 doubles. I'll take 16 triples over 35+ doubles anyday. Anyway if you get Crawford I'm not sure you can bat Markakis 3rd as that would have three LH batters in a row and four if Patterson is leading off the inning. It would probably be better to bat him 4th eventually.

Roberts

Crawford

Tejada

Markakis

Mora

Gibbons

Hernandez

Millar/Phelps

Patterson

Since Roberts is a SH, couldnt we lead off Crawford? He has the speed and more SB then Roberts.

1. Crawford

2. Roberts

3. Markakis

4. Tejada

5. Gibbons ( If he stays )

6. Mora

7. Hernandez

8. Millar

9. Patterson

Since Roberts is a SH, couldnt we lead off Crawford? He has the speed and more SB then Roberts.

1. Crawford

2. Roberts

3. Markakis

4. Tejada

5. Gibbons ( If he stays )

6. Mora

7. Hernandez

8. Millar

9. Patterson

Crawford has too much power. Plus, you'd want him hitting behind someone with a better OBP because his speed allows you to break up double plays.

If people are worried about too many lefties, just move Patterson up to 7/8

We better not give up Ray' date=' especially after we got some people who can actually get it to the 9th inning for a save opp.[/quote']

If you can get someone like Crawford for a packae centered around Ray, its pretty much a no-brainer.

Ray's a stud, and is dirt cheap for another year and will be underpriced for the following 4, but he's still just a closer. An All-Star caliber LF is a lot more valuable than an AS caliber closer.

Archived