Should Tillman be considered an ace?

andrewrickli

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about ace, that's a pretty exclusive designation. However, I will offer an alternate: Stopper. He's been able to deliver time and time again after the Orioles lose, no matter the competition, and that's back to back starts he's done this against the beasts of the AL East. He might not be an ace, but he's a gamer and delivered time and time again this season.

One other thing to consider, Tillman didn't get a chance to pitch in the postseason last year. He pitched the last game of the regular season, and then never got the chance to make a start. You have to hope and believe he's motivated to get that chance this year, because if it comes down to the single elimination wild card game again, Tillman might be the one to get the call.

IMO the only aces these days are Verlander, Kershaw, King Felix, and Price. Scherzer, Harvey, and maybe a few more need more time. I'm pretty bullish on what's considered an ace. Sabathia would be there but this season he hasn't been ace worthy at all.

Not yet, but I am enjoying watching him progress. He keeps getting better, and he may end up as an Ace.

He needs to do it again next year, and drop the ERA.

Completely not true in the last 2 years only two guys have era;s under 3.25 each of the last two seasons. Over the last two years Tilman is right near the top in ERA over the last two seasons. 2.91 and 3.71

Completely not true in the last 2 years only two guys have era;s under 3.25 each of the last two seasons. Over the last two years Tilman is right near the top in ERA over the last two seasons. 2.91 and 3.71

That is in the American League with Sale and Hernandez. Last 5 years Price was under 3.25 in 2 seasons. Only Verlander and Hernandez have more then 3 seasons with ERA under 3.25. So is that the only aces in the Amrican League?

IMO the only aces these days are Verlander, Kershaw, King Felix, and Price. Scherzer, Harvey, and maybe a few more need more time. I'm pretty bullish on what's considered an ace. Sabathia would be there but this season he hasn't been ace worthy at all.

Tilman has an ERA the exact same as Schererzer the last two years.

Archived