Major League Baseball is a sham

crowmst3k!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. It's one thing to allow suspended players to play while appealing when they've been suspended for some kind of in game violation (hitting a batter, bumping an ump, bench clearing brawl, etc). It's something completely different to suspend someone for cheating and allow them to play and have an effect on the playoffs. This is something that has to be changed. I mean what happens if the Yankees make the playoffs, win the WS, and then Arod loses his appeal? Do they vacate that championship because they were playing someone who cheated and should have been suspended? In theory that should be the case.

Really what kind of sense does it make to suspend someone for over 100 games and then allow them to play in 50 or so before actually enforcing the punishment?

I am sure that if Arod had not had two doubles, two HRs and 3 RBIs so far in this series you would feel the same way.

He certainly has proven to be a distraction for O's pitchers.

Maybe if MLB hadn't acted in a completely arbitrary manner toward Arod he would have accept his suspension like everyone else.

I have said this from the day he got popped. Sure, it will take some time, but after the season is over? The appeal should have been within a week or two of his suspension. If it wasn't the MFY, he would have been strung up by his neck immediately.

They couldn't very well change the rules just for ARoid. It's in the CBA that the player plays during his appeal. If he was suspended without pay pending appeal and then won his appeal what kind of law suits would that bring?

Who cares about his pay? Pay him, don't pay him...whatever. Pay him back with interest if he wins the appeal. But if your suspending a player because you say he cheated at the game, what sense does it make to allow him to affect a playoff race for 50 games?

Who cares about his pay? Pay him, don't pay him...whatever. Pay him back with interest if he wins the appeal. But if your suspending a player because you say he cheated at the game, what sense does it make to allow him to affect a playoff race for 50 games?

If they make the playoffs, that's a LOOOOOOOT of $$$$ coming in from that market.

I've been wondering this for awhile now, not just this series. Every time I see him on Sportscenter I think "Damn, what the hell is taking so long?"

This really is completely ridiculous. I'm not pretending to be completely knowledgable about the situation but why is this taking forever? How can someone facing such a giant suspension get to play for this long?

I've been wondering this for awhile now, not just this series. Every time I see him on Sportscenter I think "Damn, what the hell is taking so long?"

This really is completely ridiculous. I'm not pretending to be completely knowledgable about the situation but why is this taking forever? How can someone facing such a giant suspension get to play for this long?

He plays for the Yankees.

Weren't we all saying that MLB was rigged because they were going to give A-Rod a huge suspension and bail the Yankees out of their financial obligations? Now it's a sham because he's playing and being paid by the Yankees?

I didn't realize those two things were mutually exclusive.

Weren't we all saying that MLB was rigged because they were going to give A-Rod a huge suspension and bail the Yankees out of their financial obligations? Now it's a sham because he's playing and being paid by the Yankees?

I see where you're coming from but no matter what your stance is, this whole thing has been a disaster. I don't believe the MLB is rigging this because it's the Yankees...if you believe that, you probably believe we didn't land on the moon and LBJ was the one who had Kennedy killed.

It's a joke that MLB wants to throw down the largest suspension in MLB history at this dude and the "appeal" process that he gets to play through has taken over a month.

If anything, this should be like someone who is being held in jail while awaiting trial and gets a reduced sentence for time served. Whatever they decide on as far as a punishment, he should have already been sitting out and would get the amount of games missed so far in 2013 reduced against the total of what they decide the punishment should be.

Let me get this straight, they're keeping the cheater on the field? What the hell kind of sense does this make?

Archived