Major League Baseball is a sham

crowmst3k!

Does anybody think Rodriguez is currently NOT cheating? I believe he is, because he is so rich I'm sure he buys a designer drug that is undetectable. He could have his own team of scientists for all we know.

And what does he care if he gets caught again? This could be his last season anyway.

I have no idea what he's doing or what his thought process is, but I do know that there are some pretty heavy incentives for the Yanks to get him to cheat.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I posted this earlier but can't fact it.

How is allowing A-Rod to play a sham?

I was one of the few that was screaming immediate suspension and immediate ban from the game.

Several Oriole posters told me, that this would be more harmful to the Orioles, since it would allow the Yankees to get under the luxury tax.

So we can't have it both ways.

I thought I posted this earlier but can't fact it.

How is allowing A-Rod to play a sham?

I was one of the few that was screaming immediate suspension and immediate ban from the game.

Several Oriole posters told me, that this would be more harmful to the Orioles, since it would allow the Yankees to get under the luxury tax.

So we can't have it both ways.

I thought the Yanks were done when this all came down.

I can now see how this can indeed work out great for the Yankees and bad for everyone else in baseball.

With Arod the Yanks are now a legitimate threat to make the playoffs (I did not think he would be playing this well) and the Yanks still have a chance to save 30 million (full season), 18.5 million (100 games) or 9.3 million (50 games). Any one of which gives them a good chance to get under the cap and reset the penalties next year.

Sucks for everyone else. Only the Yankees can come out ahead on a deal like this.

I thought the Yanks were done when this all came down.

I can now see how this can indeed work out great for the Yankees and bad for everyone else in baseball.

With Arod the Yanks are now a legitimate threat to make the playoffs (I did not think he would be playing this well) and the Yanks still have a chance to save 30 million (full season), 18.5 million (100 games) or 9.3 million (50 games). Any one of which gives them a good chance to get under the cap and reset the penalties next year.

Sucks for everyone else. Only the Yankees can come out ahead on a deal like this.

This will make for an awesome Disney movie. The plucky and downtrodden Yanks are almost left for dead, until their oppressed and maligned third baseman returns from a long injury to lead a team that hasn't won the championship in four years back to the top of the mountain. And Shoeless ARod becomes a kind of cult antihero after he's unjustly suspended minutes after hoisting the World Series trophy, and the Yanks use the savings from his contract to build a new dynasty centered around Chris Davis and Matt Wieters.

This will make for an awesome Disney movie. The plucky and downtrodden Yanks are almost left for dead, until their oppressed and maligned third baseman returns from a long injury to lead a team that hasn't won the championship in four years back to the top of the mountain. And Shoeless ARod becomes a kind of cult antihero after he's unjustly suspended minutes after hoisting the World Series trophy, and the Yanks use the savings from his contract to build a new dynasty centered around Chris Davis and Matt Wieters.

I cannot imagine how Selig would feel if, in your scenario, Rodriguez was WS MVP and Selig had to make a little speech in front of the network TV cameras and the world press and then pose for pictures as he hands Rodriguez the MVP Trophy and congratulates him.

In my case, the whole "if he stunk this series" thing is wrong. I could care less if he went o-fer and threw in a couple of errors that lead to O's wins. I just can't stand to see his smug, arrogant, cheating smirk while playing. Of course, I always hated it, but now it feels like he is spitting in the face of every player and fan. His arrogance and inflated sense of self-worth were unbearable before, now, I actually get angry.

So you do care? Sorry...people saying "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less" is one of my pet peeves...

Anyway, I agree with you. I can't stand him either whether he is playing well or poorly or anything in between. It's unfortunate that he's playing, but he's got ever right under the CBA.

So you do care? Sorry...people saying "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less" is one of my pet peeves...

Anyway, I agree with you. I can't stand him either whether he is playing well or poorly or anything in between. It's unfortunate that he's playing, but he's got ever right under the CBA.

The commish, if we had a real one, could have tossed him out for conduct detrimental to baseball.

And then Arod and his lawyers would have sued and we would be in pretty much the same place except the Government would be involved.

Do you want the Government involved?

So let them sue, so we don't enforce rules, because we are scared.

Goodell gets a lot of heat for being too heavy handed, at least he had the game in mind, but I would rather have that type of commish, than a name sake.

So let them sue, so we don't enforce rules, because we are scared.

Goodell gets a lot of heat for being too heavy handed, at least he had the game in mind, but I would rather have that type of commish, than a name sake.

Enforce rules? How is the Comish using his ill defined powers in a bid to avoid due process enforcing rules?

Guest rochester

Yikes, sorry was being lazy - I couldn't care less. - I understand, it's like nails on a chalkboard. It's like "Think out of the box", "My bad" "It is what it is" to me...:)

He didnt have to let him keep playing, while they appeal the decision.

Let's say he did arbitrarily decide that unlike all other suspended players Arod couldn't play pending appeal.

What happens if MLB loses the case and Arod ends up with no suspension or one less then the days he was held out?

You now have a player that has effectively been illegally suspended by MLB.

Let's say he did arbitrarily decide that unlike all other suspended players Arod couldn't play pending appeal.

What happens if MLB loses the case and Arod ends up with no suspension or one less then the days he was held out?

You now have a player that has effectively been illegally suspended by MLB.

Was Pete Rose allow to appeal his banishment from the game?

Archived