Major League Baseball is a sham

crowmst3k!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously...letting ARod play is detracting from the game. This appeal should have been heard two weeks ago...at most. Selig had a change to enact reform, but was spineless.

This will set back the game for decades.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who is distracted? You think Scott Feldman didn't throw his changeup 2 more inches outside cause he was wondering how long the suspension will last?

There are legal processes to follow. Arod's 40 game season will be forgotten about 30 minutes after the season ends in which the Yankees don't make the playoffs.

We need to play better. It has nothing to do with Arod or Bud Selig.

The commish, if we had a real one, could have tossed him out for conduct detrimental to baseball.

I think I'd just as soon have a commish that doesn't invoke the "conduct detrimental to my personal vision of baseball" clause that often. Bowie Kuhn invoked it, stopped trades, stopped player sales, fought tooth-and-nail against changes to his precious game, etc. And I don't think anyone (outside of a few hidebound oldtimers) wants to see that again.

I think I'd just as soon have a commish that doesn't invoke the "conduct detrimental to my personal vision of baseball" clause that often. Bowie Kuhn invoked it, stopped trades, stopped player sales, fought tooth-and-nail against changes to his precious game, etc. And I don't think anyone (outside of a few hidebound oldtimers) wants to see that again.

You have to give Bowie some credit, Finely trying to fire sell his players was something you expect to see in the movies, the Major Leagues the prequel. That wasn't for the good of the game.

Not everything he did was good, but at least he was doing stuff, this commish is spineless and a puppet for the owners.

I've lost all faith that the antitrust exemption means much or its loss would lead to huge structrual changes in the game.
Maybe, maybe not, but does Bud want to take that risk? And anyway ARoid would likely win that lawsuit and maybe not be suspended at all. I doubt if the arbitrator gives him the full suspension MLB wants.

Upholding a persons' collectively bargained rights to due process is far more important to me than getting a guy out of the game.

That being said, it does bother me that A-Rod is having the impact he is having. It is killing me on a fan-level that he gets to silence boos with homeruns (you hit that homer you are allowed to shush the fans booing you - sorry but you are).

It is killing me knowing that he will be gone after this year. After this year he will very likely be done as a regular player. But for right now he is an intregal part of the Yankees' ability to hang on this season. He and Soriano, who is hitting homers on a 58-HR pace since he cam to NY.

But there he is, A-Rod remains. The Endless Yankees remain endless.

I am annoyed with the MLB and the MLBPA that they are allowing this to drag out for so long. He will most likely finish this season and, if they make it play in the playoffs.

It may be killing us, but it is the right thing to do.

Was Pete Rose allow to appeal his banishment from the game?

Pete Rose signed a document in 1989 stating that he would neither admit or deny he had gambled on baseball, and that he would be banned from the game for life. But the agreement also allowed for Rose to apply for reinstatement. He did apply in 1997. His application is still under review by Selig.

Of course, this is the logical, unemotional response, and the correct one. The rules are in place. It is what it is. Same thing would have happened if it was an O's player.

Obviously commenting on the ridiculousness of allowing a cheater to play thru an appeal and have an effect on the playoff races isn't the same thing as saying that MLB should change the rules just for Arod.

It stinks, but a player is innocent until proven guilty.

The real issue is the Orioles are letting an aging, fragile superstar beat them.

The real issue is that it's not just the Orioles that are being affected by this. All of the teams in the playoff race are involved, including the Yankees.

So you do care? Sorry...people saying "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less" is one of my pet peeves...

Anyway, I agree with you. I can't stand him either whether he is playing well or poorly or anything in between. It's unfortunate that he's playing, but he's got ever right under the CBA.

Many people make that mistake.

Archived