Clevenger/Wieters Platoon in 2014?

Shabadoo25

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that makes me think we overpay for Weiters is he is one of Buck's "Guys". He mentions him all the time like with the Arod thing and the Yankees and more. We all can google. I don't want DD to have to give him some 5/60 deal. If we had a competent DH this year Wieters would have been hitting 7th or 8th all year.

Forget that, trade Wieters and start Clevenger and use Joseph as a backup. Wieters to the Braves for pitching makes a ton of sense.

I thought this was a joke until I read who posted it. Replacing Wieters with Clevenger would be a mistake you would soon regret. I think Wieters could use more rest next year. His whole game might benefit from it.

I like Salty, but he'll get a big deal from somebody that they will regret in a few years. The Orioles can get by with a platoon of Clevenger and Joseph IMO.

I don't know much about Clevenger, but the idea that Joseph is going to play semi-regularly for the Orioles is a joke. 17 passed balls in 64 games this year -- Buck will never tolerate that, nor should he.

Well Salty is a FA. What would you give him? Both are switch hitting catchers and Weiters career OPS is .08 better. Weiters is 1 year younger. Salty you can probably get for 3/18-21. Weiters will want 10+ easy. BORAS.

Someone like Salty sounds good. Boras is going to want a $100 mill deal. I think if Weiters would sign a 5 yr/$60 mill deal he would have already be signed.

I thought this was a joke until I read who posted it. Replacing Wieters with Clevenger would be a mistake you would soon regret. I think Wieters could use more rest next year. His whole game might benefit from it.

He'll never get it with Showalter who is going to use and abuse him. Trading Wieters would also force Showalter to play somebody else and actually treat a catcher like they should be played.

I don't know much about Clevenger, but the idea that Joseph is going to play semi-regularly for the Orioles is a joke. 17 passed balls in 64 games this year -- Buck will never tolerate that, nor should he.
Well Joseph is one option but there are plenty of others out there.

Someone like Salty sounds good. Boras is going to want a $100 mill deal. I think if Weiters would sign a 5 yr/$60 mill deal he would have already be signed.

Hopefully we will not be idiotic enough to pay Wieters 5 years and 60 million dollars. I'm actually with JTrea on this one (can't believe I'm saying that). I don't know if Clevenger is part of the equation but we could be probably be looking at some low cost catching platoon options and devote those financial resources elsewhere. if there's a good deal to be had for Wieters, I'd be looking at it.

Archived