Andy MacPhail is no different.....

Peace21

I think MacPhail wanted to take on the challenge of working under Angelos. But is their any difference as to what AM's doing, as to what the poeple before him have done?
Yes, he traded our biggest star (not neccesarily best player). He signed a major draft pick. He has seemingly convinced Angelos of a rebuild.

I don't understand what changed in the last 24 hours to have you going from thinking its wise that he's sticking with Plan A to him seemingly being an inept moron for not having traded Roberts and Bedard for pennies on the dollar yet. I'm overexaggerating the point that you are implying, but the general premise is there.

I guess I just am surprised by your very sudden and complete turn.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've lost me. What does not deals being made in the next 48 hours have to do with deals being made over the next two weeks?

Im saying I hope something gets done after those 48 hours in which MacPhail said nothing will happen during. i.e Now

I think we also need to remember tho' that these deals aren't done in a vacuum - meaning that all the other teams are bearing down on their deadline dates too.

I have a hard time believing that all the other teams are just going to do everything according to the O's schedule. If we don't make a decision soon, other GM's may have to say, "Look, we've already talked about this trade and you (AM) didn't move on it; consequently, we're now preparing for spring training with what we've got. Thanks anyway and let's talk again in July."

Yes, he traded our biggest star (not neccesarily best player). He signed a major draft pick. He has seemingly convinced Angelos of a rebuild.

I don't understand what changed in the last 24 hours to have you going from thinking its wise that he's sticking with Plan A to him seemingly being an inept moron for not having traded Roberts and Bedard for pennies on the dollar yet. I'm overexaggerating the point that you are implying, but the general premise is there.

I guess I just am surprised by your very sudden and complete turn.

The whole Adam Jones thing has me confused. Thats why Im ranting. Like why was he pulled? Why was allowed to go back and play? What is MacPhail asking for?

I think MacPhail wanted to take on the challenge of working under Angelos. But is their any difference as to what AM's doing, as to what the poeple before him have done?

The only difference is that the old guys never would mention rebuilding. It appears MacPhail wants to remains, but at this point has remained as gunshy as Beattie/Flanny/etc.

You've lost me. What does not deals being made in the next 48 hours have to do with deals being made over the next two weeks?

Or the next two years for that matter. The rebuild of this team won't happen in 48 hours....or 2 weeks. It will take 2-3 years, and maybe longer.

It's my opinion that the deal for Weiters was made before he was drafted and it was becuase of McPhail that it lasted until the 11th hour.

If that's the case I'm glad because Duquette was horrible for us and would have wasted even more money than he spent on Baez. Boras said in the preceding weeks that it was going require something along the lines of an 11 million dollar signing bonus which is crazy.

If Duquette and Flanagan agreed to that prior to drafting Wieters and McPhail came in and got Wieters for half the demand, then more power to McPhail and that's why he is still a breath of fresh air compared to previous VPs

One thing I can say about MacPhail thats been good is, that I now know alot nore about certain clubs. The Dodgers, Reds, Cubs, Mariners, Rockies, Astros...I have better knowledge about farm systems from those teams now. Thank you Andy.

It's my opinion that the deal for Weiters was made before he was drafted and it was becuase of McPhail that it lasted until the 11th hour.

He probably made his offer which was lower than Boras' request and they waited it out until the last minute to see who would jump first. This seems normal to me, especially dealing with Boras.

If you think that AM dragged this out himself then we should all expect him to do the same here and not be surprised by it. He's been made offers and he's waiting to see who gets more desperate and offers the last piece that he wants. Their will be a team that does that because they look at Bedard as the missing link IMO.

The whole Adam Jones thing has me confused. Thats why Im ranting. Like why was he pulled? Why was allowed to go back and play? What is MacPhail asking for?
Who cares? He's not any more or less likely to be traded to us just because he sat out one day of Winter Ball.

Maybe Bavasi felt he was going to accept MacPhail's latest proposal, pulled Jones, and then reconsidered his position. Maybe the same thing happened with the Bavasi/MacPhail roles reversed. Maybe Seattle wanted the O's to think they were including him in a deal elsewhere to speed something along. It could be any of a hundred reasons, all of which are largely irrelevant to current discussions between Baltimore and Seattle.

So all this is because you wanted to blow off some steam?

Go shoot some hoops. Or go visit your girlfriend. Or go get drunk.

This thread seems kinda silly.

So all this is because you wanted to blow off some steam?

Go shoot some hoops. Or go visit your girlfriend. Or go get drunk.

This thread seems kinda silly.

Again, all Im saying is Andy MacPhail needs to trade Roberts and Bedard, and it needs to be soon. I think most here would agree.

One thing I can say about MacPhail thats been good is, that I now know alot nore about certain clubs. The Dodgers, Reds, Cubs, Mariners, Rockies, Astros...I have better knowledge about farm systems from those teams now. Thank you Andy.

This is a major reason why I don't mind all of the speculation. We have all been practicing the art of dissecting a deal. We have all had to look at minutia involved in A. Deal making and B. Player value.

All that said, I am ready to meet the new Orioles.:D

I will go to games no matter who is playing. I just enjoy the breeze, the grass, the smells and some good old comradery with fans.

Archived