I don't care what anyone says, 100 saves in two years is impressive

Frobby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know know JJ blew more than we would have liked this year, but 100 saves in two years is quite a feat. And 8 for 8 versus Boston this year!

I do agree. It's just a closer with a trick pitch is something that you have to live with I guess. Very Impressive.

By the way, the Orioles seem to present an ungodly number of save opportunities. It's amazing to think they've only won 35 games that JJ didn't save (and JJ won 3 of those). Last year they won 42 games that JJ didn't save. So, the next time someone says JJ is the whole reason we didn't make the playoffs, think about the 7 extra games we won last year where no closer was needed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jim Johnson becomes 1 of 4 in MLB history with 100 saves over 2 seasons, joining K-Rod, Eric Gagne and John Smoltz.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 1px; border: medium none; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Jim Johnson becomes 1 of 4 in MLB history with 100 saves over 2 seasons, joining K-Rod, Eric Gagne and John Smoltz.
? Steve Melewski (@masnSteve)
September 29, 2013

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gagne did it twice.

2002 52, 2003 55, 2004 45

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I know JJ blew more saves than we would have liked this year, but 100 saves in two years is quite a feat. And 8 for 8 versus Boston this year!

Agree. Sure, those blown saves were painful to watch, but 100 saves in 2 years is awesome and any talk of finding another closer should stop, just like the thought of making him a starting pitcher..... there are at least 25 teams who would love to have JJ as their closer. Great 2 years JJ.

Agree. Sure, those blown saves were painful to watch, but 100 saves in 2 years is awesome and any talk of finding another closer should stop, just like the thought of making him a starting pitcher..... there are at least 25 teams who would love to have JJ as their closer. Great 2 years JJ.

Go ahead and start naming teams that would want JJ next year with his associated payroll number.

Go ahead and start naming teams that would want JJ next year with his associated payroll number.

NY Yankees. New York Mets. Boston Red Sox. Texas Rangers LA Dodgers. Toronto Blue Jays. ST Louis Cardinals. Washington Expos. Atlanta Braves. Detroit Tigers. Chicago Cubs.

Archived