Facial hair

mark_beckens

That would be your opinion. I'll disagree

It's not an opinion it's fact. When a Yankee fan is doing his strut, he will say the phrase "27 rings" approximately 27 times and he will mention the club's strict facial hair policy exactly never.

Go ahead and tell a Red Sox fan that he can have the playoffs, because we have neatly trimmed beards.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a fireman I have to adhere to a strict facial hair policy. In non-uniformed professions grooming policies are archaic and shallow. They condone judging people for their appearance. It's ridiculous. This is 2013. Just like skin color and gender, folks should not be judged on their looks but on their merit.

Why do people who don't like facial hair, dreadlocks, tattoos, etc. expect some kind of right to police the appearance of others? It's like when someone is offended by something. Being offended, which provides no rights to do anything about the offense, is useless.

No. I just didn't understand yours.

Why do people who don't like facial hair, dreadlocks, tattoos, etc. expect some kind of right to police the appearance of others?

So only people who don't have facial hair are against them?

I like the O's facial hair policy. I don't like the look of the mangy beard. I think it looks unprofessional. Personally has had a goatee since the mid 90's.

I don't care about the facial hair, they look ridiculous, but whatever. What does bother me is that Gomes and Napoli are allowed to wear their uniform jerseys open all the way down to their belly buttons. You are a professional athlete, button your damn shirt, it looks awful and unprofessional.

I like the O's facial hair policy. I don't like the look of the mangy beard. I think it looks unprofessional. Personally has had a goatee since the mid 90's.

This is part of what I mean. I said non-uniformed professions not realizing the irony of that statement. I couldn't care less about what professional athletes look like, or my stock broker or my doctor or my waitress or my president for that matter. Other than public safety professionals and the military, judging people based on their appearance is ridiculous.

I guess I just think it's time for society to move past it.

I do agree with Malike though, button that shirt up.

I think all stupid, narrow, minded, authoritarian, conformists, who are opposed to any kind of diversity because it makes them anxious, should be rounded up and sent to Guantanamo, but hey that's just me. I also think the SUX' beards are scuzzy and tasteless but if they want to wear them so be it, de gustibus non est disputandum :smile11:

This is part of what I mean. I said non-uniformed professions not realizing the irony of that statement. I couldn't care less about what professional athletes look like, or my stock broker or my doctor or my waitress or my president for that matter. Other than public safety professionals and the military, judging people based on their appearance is ridiculous.

I guess I just think it's time for society to move past it.

I do agree with Malike though, button that shirt up.

There is a difference between it being short and well groomed "looking professional", and looking like most of the Red Sox.

So if your doctor or the President of the US looked like this, you'd have no problem?

Jonny+Gomes+Boston+Red+Sox+v+Tampa+Bay+Rays+b7FBQsX99Uul.jpg130508-josh-reddick.jpg

There is a difference between it being short and well groomed "looking professional", and looking like most of the Red Sox.

So if your doctor or the President of the US looked like this, you'd have no problem?

Jonny+Gomes+Boston+Red+Sox+v+Tampa+Bay+Rays+b7FBQsX99Uul.jpg130508-josh-reddick.jpg

Not if had a great resume. Einstein was pretty funny looking too. So was Lincoln, and Stephen Hawkings looks really weird.

Archived