Tonight's Playoff Game

slakattack

Yeah, I know, it's technically game 163, but it's really the wildcard-wildcard game; which is pretty wild, if you think about it. Anyway, the Rangers are being legally owned by Maddon, Price and Longo. The Rangers just got away with a 3rd out, game saving trap by the CF, but it still won't help them. Wash will be interviewing for bench coach openings this December.

And Texas loses a second straight play-in game. At home. :rofl:

They also collapsed down the stretch 2 years in a row. The thread is mostly me babbling to myself, but some others have made posts, also.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/136137-Ranger-Danger

And yes, I know that they won 7 straight games before tonight's loss, but the fact that they were in that situation is because they went 6-16 in their previous 22 games to go from having a 2-game lead in their division to needing to win each and every one of those last 7 games just to make the play-in game of the wildcard game.

Last year, they had a 5-game lead with 9 games to play, and they blew that, also.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game in Pittsburgh - should be a brawl. I have a strange belief that the Reds are going to shock the world. I would love to see an Oakland -Cincy rematch....although the 1972 Reds and A's were both HoF loaded teams, the 2013 versions prolly not so much. Anyway, I would still like to see the match up. :cool:

OCTOBER 1st O (N.L. WILDCARD PLAYOFF GAME)

CINCINNATI REDS

Shin-Soo Choo - CF

Ryan Ludwick - LF

Joey Votto - 1B

Brandon Phillips - 2B

Jay Bruce - RF

Todd Frazier - 3B

Zack Cozart - SS

Ryan Hanigan - C

Johnny Cueto - RHP (5-2, 2.82 ERA)

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Starling Marte - LF

Neil Walker - 2B

Andrew McCutchen - CF

Justin Morneau - 1B

Marlon Byrd - RF

Pedro Alvarez - 3B

Russell Martin - C

Clint Barmes - SS

Francisco Liriano - LHP (16-8, 3.02 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Someone in the Cincinnati FO has to be asking "Hey Dusty, what the hell does Johnny Cueto find so amusing in the dugout after giving up 3 ER in 3.1 - while watching his teammate struggle on the mound with the bases loaded?" I can't stand guys laughing and smiling while their season is going down the drain...it's the ultimate disrespect to their fanbase.

Rays:

LF David DeJesus

RF Wil Myers

1B James Loney

3B Evan Longoria

2B Ben Zobrist

CF Desmond Jennings

DH Delmon Young

SS Yunel Escobar

C Jose Molina

SP Alex Cobb

Indians:

CF Michael Bourn

1B Nick Swisher

2B Jason Kipnis

DH Carlos Santana

LF Michael Brantley

RF Ryan Raburn

SS Asdrubal Cabrera

C Yan Gomes

3B Lonnie Chisenhall

SP Danny Salazar

I'm with you on that. When people were talking up Swisher as a FA option in the Spring, I was thinking that I would rather see them lose an extra game or 2 than have to cheer for him.
Alex Rodriguez isn’t beloved among his peers.

The slugger, who continued his assault on the record books Tuesday night, was voted by 100 big-league baseball players as the sport’s second-most hated star (10 percent) behind White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski (34 percent) in a “secret survey” by Men’s Journal.

And look who came in third with 9 percentage points: jovial Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher.

“Everything about (Swisher) is annoying, from his mannerisms to his always wanting to ‘bro’ it down,” an unnamed American League veteran told the magazine. “Being around him is just exhausting.”

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine

Archived