How would you feel if Cal Ripken managed another MLB team?

AlbionHero

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two thoughts.

1) If Cal accepted a managerial job elsewhere I would root like hell for them to win every game as long as they didn't beat the Orioles or finish ahead of them if it was in division.

2) I would be absolutely shocked if Cal EVER accepted a managerial position with anyone.

I'm sure whoever he managed he would say their third baseman is the best he'd ever seen, sorry Brooksie. I could really care less about Cal Ripken anymore after his comments during our playoff games last year. Corporate Cal is just that. Besides, I doubt Corporate Cal would want to get down in the weeds. I think he'd probably be looking into some kind of deal like Nolan Ryan got from the Rangers.

I was never a great fan of Ripken. Ripken the player yes! Ripken himself, not so much. Seemed abrasive, standoffish and elite(elitist). But I still love Cal, and don't want to see Cal manage ANY team, Orioles or other. Because eventually he will then be fired. And I DON'T want to ever see that!

Can't believe some of you are still hung up on that dumb sorry Brooksie quote. In fact you're so hung up on it that you have to bring it up in every single Cal thread. It's tiring. Let's just forget the 21 iconic seasons he spent playing for our Orioles and focus on one stupid comment that he made. I'm rolling my eyes big time at all of you.

I wonder if Cal is aware of how badly he embarrassed himself or of just how many of his long term fans he alienated with his "sorry Brooksie" shtick? For some reason, I don't think he does.

Sorry but his comment about someone being better than Brooks has been blown

way out proportion. It is like he insulted every O's fans mother and grandmother.

He didnt insult you personally so why be upset? I have been an O's fan longer

than you have been alive and what he said didnt upset me at all. It was or is his

opinion and why he should not be allowed to have that opinion without being

thought of as a traitor is beyond me. I like Brooks. He is a super nice man. He is

among the few of the nicest former players I have met. But to me it is like some

folks like Chevy and others Ford. Both are good. I am sorry but I just dont see or

feel insulted because Cal thinks someone else is better than Brooks.

Wouldn't care too much unless it was a team in our division (namely Yankees or Red Sox). It's part of the game of baseball. Like others have said, if he turned down a job with the Orioles to go elsewhere, however, that would be a bit harder to swallow.

Archived