Oriole's Dreams?

Crazy O

The only one I ever had. I was a bench player that was getting a start to rest regulars.

I went 2 for 4, two singles, with an RBI.

We won.

I went out to dinner with my Mom and my wife.

I had a Jeff Reboulet moustache.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I feel certain that if you had only slept longer, you would have seen the morning headline:

Silence is Golden!!!! O's Win behind bat of Silent James! ;)

I didn't have a dream but I felt like I was in one today in Cleveland. First, Manny Machado randomly tossed me a ball, and then after the game, Jonathan Schoop gave my wife his batting gloves. Totally awesome day.

Plus, the Orioles won the game.

You couldn't have asked for much more. :cool:

I dreamt last week that I went to a Machado book signing. There were only about 40 people there (in an office building with filing cabinets) and before you met him, you had to fill out the personalization request at workstations they had set up.

For some reason AJ and Jones joined Manny that day. Right as the signing was supposed to start, Jones threw his hands up and shouted, "I just wanted to announce that I've got a book coming out too!" The place erupted in cheers, and then I woke up.

Jones just can't help but try to upstage Machado, can he? :)

I dreamt last week that I went to a Machado book signing. There were only about 40 people there (in an office building with filing cabinets) and before you met him, you had to fill out the personalization request at workstations they had set up.

For some reason AJ and Jones joined Manny that day. Right as the signing was supposed to start, Jones threw his hands up and shouted, "I just wanted to announce that I've got a book coming out too!" The place erupted in cheers, and then I woke up.

What was Manny's book about. And who wrote it?

What was Manny's book about. And who wrote it?

My dreams are rarely liner or coherent, so I can't say what the book was called or why I was there (I didn't have a copy of his book, of course). Who wrote the book? Elvis Costello, I reckon.

[video=youtube;dCX-TETPgc8]

Machado hit a home run tonight.

Jones hit TWO home runs tonight.

These guys are always at it.

• 5 months later...

I dream about baseball a lot. Usually, it's me waiting and withering on the bench all demoralized as I never get into the game. 

Last night, it was a doozy. The O's were playing in a combo of Camden Yards and my old backyard where I grew up. I finally got into the game as an Oriole after a long time on the bench. While in the at bat, I decided maybe my bat speed would increase if I gripped the bat all the way to the knob as opposed to choking up as I normally did. The next pitch, I hit one into the left field stands. It was thrilling. I only hit five round trippers in my whole baseball career from Little League through high school. 

The next batter was Matt Wieters. He hit a long fly to left that was sure to go out, but it clipped a tree branch (remember, it was a combo of my yard and OPACY). The ball remained in play and he got a surprising triple out of it. But his slide took him so far past third that he went into the camera well past third base. At that point, a Red Sox fan hit him in the head with what looked like a brick. An instant riot ensued. The O's bullpen immediately went into the stands and it was bedlam. It was ugly. For some reason, I just stood on the foot of the dugout steps (I think I'd gone to the clubhouse shortly after my HR) and I thought to myself "I should really be in that pile, but there may not be enough of us to finish the game". 

Truly bizarre thought on my behalf as I'm sure I'd have been in that brawling pile. I think Matt turned out to be ok, but I have no recollection if the game resumed. I do remember glancing at the scoreboard and seeing my HR and Matt's triple were the only hits so far and it seemed late in the game. Of course, I guess Matt sliding into the camera well would have negated his triple even though I don't remember a Red Sox player making the tag. 

On 5/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, OFFNY said:

In the last couple of years, I have had the strangest recurring dream about the Orioles.

I have dreamt that up here in Brewster, NY, TONS of high school kids and young adults were all starting to wear orange and black Orioles gear. Some of them were wearing it because they decided to become Oriole fans, and some were wearing it because they liked the colors (orange and black.)

That's a very weird dream ...... especially since I have had it numerous times (recurring dream.)

o

A dream come true today ???

Somewhat. 

When I walked into Kobacker's supermarket in Brewster just now, I noticed that one of the cashiers was wearing a Bowie Baysox cap ........ the Bowie Baysox !!! ) :eek:

I asked him if he was an Oriole fan, and he said, "No, but I went to a Baysox game last season."

If there is anything stranger than seeing another person wearing Orioles gear up here in Brewster, it's seeing another person wearing gear from one of the Orioles' minor league affiliates up here in Brewster. )  :awesome:

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

A dream come true today ???

Somewhat. 

When I walked into Kobacker's supermarket in Brewster just now, I noticed that one of the cashiers was wearing a Bowie Baysox cap ........ the Bowie Baysox !!! ) :eek:

I asked him if he was an Oriole fan, and he said, "No, but I went to a Baysox game last season."

If there is anything stranger than seeing another person wearing Orioles gear up here in Brewster, it's seeing another person wearing gear from one of the Orioles' minor league affiliates up here in Brewster. )  :awesome:

Yeah Patrick, that's weird.  Sounds kind of exhilerating though.  I'm not sure I'd recogize the cap of any of the affiliates.  I've only ever seen the Ironbirds up here in Brooklyn or Staten Island.

Archived