New Summary of Os Nats MASN TV Rights

hoosiers

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their are plenty of folks I would have liked him to spend money on other than those guys. I was just not on the Victorino train.

Neither was I. But Francisco Liriano would have been nice. But a big market team like the Pirates can afford it if that signing didn't work out. Dan Haren would have been a low risk move for a year. But the choice was made to stand pat and rely on the same starters that failed before. Heck, even Feldman could have been had for cheap last winter.

Neither was I. But Francisco Liriano would have been nice. But a big market team like the Pirates can afford it if that signing didn't work out. Dan Haren would have been a low risk move for a year. But the choice was made to stand pat and rely on the same starters that failed before. Heck, even Feldman could have been had for cheap last winter.

Liriano ended up being cheap and a great pick up. High risk though. Just worked out well.

Liriano ended up being cheap and a great pick up. High risk though. Just worked out well.

I'm not sure 2/7 is high risk. If your not going to sign a legitimate TOR, then guys like Liriano are going to be the kind of guys you have to take chances on. Hudson and Halladay fall into that category this winter.

I'm not sure 2/7 is high risk. If your not going to sign a legitimate TOR, then guys like Liriano are going to be the kind of guys you have to take chances on. Hudson and Halladay fall into that category this winter.

I did not mean the money, just what a projected outcome would have been. It was a good signing. You are right.

I would be fine with Hudson.

Halladay is most likely done.

Yeah me too. Josh Johnson is projected to get a 1/8 deal plus incentives. That might be a gamble worth taking.

I'd be willing to take a flyer on Johnson though, he was still touching 96 last season.

By "failed before" I assume you mean "The 2012 starters that were one game away from the ALCS." Those failed starters?

To be fair, the Orioles took their "Liriano" chance with Jair Jurrjens, it just didn't work out for us like it did the Bucs.

By "failed before" I assume you mean "The 2012 starters that were one game away from the ALCS." Those failed starters?

How did that work in 2013? DD went into 2013 relying heavily on Hamel repeating what his track record said he wasn't. He relied heavily on guys like Britton and Arrieta, who once again failed. The BP was the reason for 2012. The bp fell off in 2013, as did the Orioles record.

Archived