Jump to content

Auburn Revived


OFFNY
 Share

Recommended Posts

What in the world was Muschamp doing? His actions were/are an embarrassment to Auburn. He should be suspended, fired and otherwise disassociated from Auburn University. The penalty was too lenient, he should have been expelled from the game. Now, he should be expelled from his employment with AU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What in the world was Muschamp doing? His actions were/are an embarrassment to Auburn. He should be suspended, fired and otherwise disassociated from Auburn University. The penalty was too lenient, he should have been expelled from the game. Now, he should be expelled from his employment with AU.

What are you talking about? He did the same thing Saban does every game. I'm glad we have someone with some emotion. Defense has come a long way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The man has been through hell. I agree with some things. I'm will to cut the man some slack. Auburn has way too much talent to be a 6-6 team. What he did was wrong. No doubt, but should not lose his job.

We're 6-6 because our "dark horse Heisman candidate" isn't even a D1 QB. If Sean White were able to play yesterday we very easily could've won.

Hopefully, Will sticks around, but there are a lot of jobs open this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

o

 

(OCTOBER 22nd, 2016) 

 

A blowout win over a solid Arkansas team has boosted Auburn's hopes (and kept those hopes alive) for an upper-tier bowl game invitation. If they run the table and knock off Alabama in the season finale (as they did in 2013), they would even still be alive for a playoff bid, but that's a loooooong way off. Right now, they will have their hands full with a road game and a hostile crowd in Oxford against Mississippi this week. They also have a potentially tough road game against Georgia on November 12th, as well.

One game at a time ........ Mississippi is probably one of the best 3-4 teams in the history of college football. They took Alabama right down to the wire (48-43), and they stomped a solid Georgia team (45-14) earlier this season.

 

o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 5:34 PM, OFFNY said:

o

 

(OCTOBER 22nd, 2016)

 

A blowout win over a solid Arkansas team has boosted Auburn's hopes (and kept those hopes alive) for an upper-tier bowl game invitation. If they run the table and knock off Alabama in the season finale (as they did in 2013), they would even still be alive for a playoff bid, but that's a loooooong way off. Right now, they will have their hands full with a road game and a hostile crowd in Oxford against Mississippi this week. They also have a potentially tough road game against Georgia on November 12th, as well.

One game at a time ........ Mississippi is probably one of the best 3-4 teams in the history of college football. They took Alabama right down to the wire (48-43), and they stomped a solid Georgia team (45-14) earlier this season.

 

o

o

 

The loss to a solid Georgia team ended Auburn's hopes for a playoff berth and/or a trip to the SEC Championship game.

The game against Alabama subsequently became their Super Bowl. They gave their best effort, and a lost a respectable and fairly competitive game.

Now, they will likely be invited to a middle-tier bowl game.

 

o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

The loss to a solid Georgia team ended Auburn's hopes for a playoff berth and/or a trip to the SEC Championship game.

The game against Alabama subsequently became their Super Bowl. They gave their best effort, and a lost a respectable and fairly competitive game.

Now, they will likely be invited to a middle-tier bowl game.

Actually, unless Florida beats Alabama, we will likely go to the Sugar Bowl. As we would likely be the highest rated SEC team not going to the playoffs. It's been a down year for the SEC, outside of Bama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2016 at 5:34 PM, OFFNY said:

o

 

(OCTOBER 22nd, 2016) 

 

A blowout win over a solid Arkansas team has boosted Auburn's hopes (and kept those hopes alive) for an upper-tier bowl game invitation. If they run the table and knock off Alabama in the season finale (as they did in 2013), they would even still be alive for a playoff bid, but that's a loooooong way off. Right now, they will have their hands full with a road game and a hostile crowd in Oxford against Mississippi this week. They also have a potentially tough road game against Georgia on November 12th, as well.

One game at a time ........ Mississippi is probably one of the best 3-4 teams in the history of college football. They took Alabama right down to the wire (48-43), and they stomped a solid Georgia team (45-14) earlier this season.

 

o

 

 

On 11/30/2016 at 4:04 PM, OFFNY said:

o

The loss to a solid Georgia team ended Auburn's hopes for a playoff berth and/or a trip to the SEC Championship game.

The game against Alabama subsequently became their Super Bowl. They gave their best effort, and a lost a respectable and fairly competitive game.

Now, they will likely be invited to a middle-tier bowl game.

o

 

 

On 11/30/2016 at 7:49 PM, waroriole said:

 

Actually, unless Florida beats Alabama, we will likely go to the Sugar Bowl. As we would likely be the highest rated SEC team not going to the playoffs. It's been a down year for the SEC, outside of Bama.

 

o

 

At 8-4 overall, Auburn was over-matched against 10-2 Oklahoma.

I think that they ought to change the rule about certain automatic qualifiers for bowl games ...... but then again, it's Division I-A football, and they refuse to do what they should have done more than 40 years ago, which is have a 16-team playoff like all of the other college divisions have so that they could have a real champion from a true playoff every year.

Last year my beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers were invited to a bowl game with a losing record, and it was embarrassing, even though they won the game. They (Division I-A football) have teams that are in the Top 10 in the country that don't get a shot at the national championship, and they have teams with losing records getting invited to bowl games because there are so many of them. It's very annoying, even though I continue to watch and follow Nebraska and the upper-tier bowl games.

 

o

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

o

 

(2017) 

 

The Tigers lost a tough game to defending national champion Clemson early on, but with Mississippi State, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Alabama on their schedule, there is still plenty of football for the to look forward to playing this season.

 

o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2017 at 4:15 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(2017) 

 

The Tigers lost a tough game to defending national champion Clemson early on, but with Mississippi State, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Alabama on their schedule, there is still plenty of football for the to look forward to playing this season.

o

o

 

Auburn Turns in Complete Performance in Upset of No. 1 Georgia 

(By Peter Santo)

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2017/11/auburn-turns-in-complete-performance-in-upset-of-no-1-georgia

 

o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...