In on Carlos Beltran?

Babypowder

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead of wasting a draft pick on a short deal (1, 2 years) why not use it on a long term deal? That makes more sense to me. Get Choo.

Well then. Theoretically, you should get three pick attached long deals. Like. Ellsbery, Choo, ESantana. Heck. Grab Drew too!

Instead of wasting a draft pick on a short deal (1, 2 years) why not use it on a long term deal? That makes more sense to me. Get Choo.

I would love this, but it all comes down to the total offer (pick and contract). Overall, I think Beltran's AAV and Choo's won't be more than a few million off. I would rather go with Choo, but I see Beltran as slightly more possible...but neither as having much of a chance of happening.

If we were to sign Ellsbury, I'd be fine parting ways with HH.... only downside he ends up a Sox.

It would have to be the right player... We have plenty of young pitching developing and we might have to use 1 or 2 to get a player we need.

Not necessarily, it's a sandwich pick given to the team losing the player, not the exact same slot.

Ortiz had a pretty solid year at age 37.

And Johnny Bench was doing The Baseball Bunch and hanging out playing golf at 37. Is this some kind of a game where we name players and what they did at age 37?

Not sure why people over value draft picks in MLB.... we are not giving up a top 5 pick or anything.

Who is overvaluing draft picks? Not sure why people make broad generalizations that vaguely relate to the topic at hand. A draft pick in the range the O's would have to give up is probably worth several $millions of dollars. If you don't factor that into what you'd have to pay to acquire a player you're not painting an accurate picture.

My mantra remains this:

Until I am someday proven otherwise, the Baltimore Orioles will NEVER outbid for a coveted player by other franchises. Hasnt happened yet and

never wil happen.

Not that I disagree with what you are saying here, Roy, but are you sure you want to call it your mantra?

Archived