If Not McLouth, Is Urrutia The Guy in LF?

olehippi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henry is lean. I am not certain he ate that well in Haiti. He had not been paid by us until he got here.

He kinda reminds me of Bigbie pre roids. I remember reading that when Urrutia defected he had to hide on the beaches of Cuba for a like 10 days and they only had enough food for 3 days. Well something along those lines. But he could have easily lost 10lbs given that and his situation in Haiti before we signed him. He'd be a perfect guy for Brady to work with.

Just remember he isn't Cespedes and he isn't Puig.

Everyone still mentions Cespedes as though he is some phenomenal player that we should rue the day we missed on. He still may be that, but here is his slash line last season:

.240/.294/.442/.737

He and the much-maligned Wieters opened September 1 with nearly identical offensive numbers and ended up only slightly different, with Cespedes being a bit better (keep in mind he's a corner OF, whereas Wiet is a C).

He kinda reminds me of Bigbie pre roids. I remember reading that when Urrutia defected he had to hide on the beaches of Cuba for a like 10 days and they only had enough food for 3 days. Well something along those lines. But he could have easily lost 10lbs given that and his situation in Haiti before we signed him. He'd be a perfect guy for Brady to work with.

He's definitely a guy that could benefit from some serious eating and lifting after AFL is over.

Everyone still mentions Cespedes as though he is some phenomenal player that we should rue the day we missed on. He still may be that, but here is his slash line last season:

.240/.294/.442/.737

He and the much-maligned Wieters opened September 1 with nearly identical offensive numbers and ended up only slightly different, with Cespedes being a bit better (keep in mind he's a corner OF, whereas Wiet is a C).

Wow, that is really insightful, especially since I was talking about his on the field demeanor.

Archived