Possible Interest in Scott Kazmir

orioles4lyfe

Doesn't that just mean the owners will take more profit? I don't see salary caps translating into lower ticket prices, free cable tv, or anything else that would be good for fans.

Good points, but I think a reasonable level playing field is quite a perk to fans. Heck, accept for the Jags, anyone could have made the playoffs this year. Even they are in a weak division, anything can happen in the NFL. Not so much in MLB.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tampa has more budget limitations than the Orioles, so you really can't use them as a comparison for not spending.

I am not saying that Tampa's payroll should match the O's.

I am saying Tampa is probably going to pocket the extra 25 million from the new TV deal.

Not sure what their budget limitations have to do with that. The O's are not likely to jump to 116 million and the Rays are not likely to jump to 82 million.

Allot of people are stunned that his contract went for $22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems pretty crazy for a guy who was pitching in the Atlantic League in 2012. He had a solid year last year and I would have been happy to see him sign with the O's but I don't know about that contract. At least it's a short deal in case it backfires.

Salary caps will come soon too. It's getting crazy. 300M for a 31 year old Cano? 100M for Ervin Santana. Players are asking for wayyy too much

I don't know... I could see the MLBPA going for a knock down DRRRRAAAG out strike over that. I don't see how either side would want that to happen.

I don't know... I could see the MLBPA going for a knock down DRRRRAAAG out strike over that. I don't see how either side would want that to happen.

Caps include floors, I can think of a couple owners that would be upset at a floor.

In the NFL players get 48% of the revenue, in the NBA 51.15.

Are we sure the MLB owners would want that? The Rockies owner just said his team was under 50% last season.

Caps include floors, I can think of a couple owners that would be upset at a floor.

In the NFL players get 48% of the revenue, in the NBA 51.15.

Are we sure the MLB owners would want that? The Rockies owner just said his team was under 50% last season.

I don't know about the floor. I could see a growing cap, like inflation adjusted. And generously so growing. But theyr'e ALL making tons of money, players, owners, and MLB itself. Raking it in hand over fist. Why would any side push to change that?

I don't know about the floor. I could see a growing cap, like inflation adjusted. And generously so growing. But theyr'e ALL making tons of money, players, owners, and MLB itself. Raking it in hand over fist. Why would any side push to change that?

They won't. Why do you think there hasn't been any strife in labor negotiations recently?

They won't. Why do you think there hasn't been any strife in labor negotiations recently?

Exactly that! They're all making money. Basically have had labor peace for 20 years now. All that bad will after the 1994 strike is still melting away more and more every year.

Archived