Mets have talked to O's about Markakis

sportsfan8703

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markakis isn't going anywhere. The return it would take to overcome the PR hit for the Orioles is way too high for any team realistically looking to acquire him. This is a nonstory.

I don't believe it would be much of a PR hit. Jones, on the other hand...

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

From a PR standpoint I think all fans care about now is winning. We have Jones, Machado, Davis and Buck as the faces of the franchise. If DD gets rid of one or all of Markakis, Wieters and Hardy it shouldn't matter as long as we're a better organization afterwards.

We just need the Mets to pull a Mets and take Markakis off our hands. It would be nice if Amaro got involved with Wieters too.

I didn't say it was rational. I really wanted Wieters in that draft and Pete still had his full meddlesome reputation back then. He did help Greece field an Olympic team btw. He also had some impact in the Markakis pick.

True. Angelos and his son Louis were actually the impetus behind the Greek team, helping to assemble it, fund it and establish a governing organization, the Greek Baseball Federation.

I don't have the links available at the moment but will try to locate them later where Carlos Beltran (Switch hitter) said he wants to play RF and would DH sometimes. Checking the stats I only see him having played 2 games in LF and the rest in CF or RF. If we sign him I doubt we want to put him in LF. Curtis Granderson (Lefthanded) also has been playing RF for the Yankees and some CF. Would a Markakis trade result in Beltran or Granderson playing RF at OP?

I don't have the links available at the moment but will try to locate them later where Carlos Beltran (Switch hitter) said he wants to play RF and would DH sometimes. Checking the stats I only see him having played 2 games in LF and the rest in CF or RF. If we sign him I doubt we want to put him in LF. Curtis Granderson (Lefthanded) also has been playing RF for the Yankees and some CF. Would a Markakis trade result in Beltran or Granderson playing RF at OP?

Granderson's arm would be a liability in RF.

Did anyone read the article in the gif that was posted in the OP? I've only a vague idea who Mike Francesca is...but I am still laughing from it.

Knowledgable radio windbag in NY. Knows a lot of history, but popular media has passed him by.

As for Markakis, I would make a trade for the salary relief alone. There are bargains to be had in this FA market.

Archived