The #Rangers have acquired Prince Fielder for Kinsler

Greg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 9-year contract that Fielder signed with the Tigers in January of 2012 stipulates that he gets a $25 Million bonus if he steals 30 or more bases in one season, and the Rangers have to honor that if it happens.

I honestly believe he will steal 30 times in one season...might not be bases though.

prince-fielder-eats-nachos.gif

Throughout Nick Markakis' major league career, a lot of female Oriole fans have tried to get him to steal their nachos, too.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thad Levine AGM of Texas - "we're hoping to add another bat to our club, a position player that could also get DH at-bats."</p>— Jim Duquette (@Jim_Duquette) <a href="

">November 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A DH. Yeah.

You wonder if Dombrowski had this already in the back of his plan when he originally signed Fielder. Use the mega deal to get him to come to Detroit, knowing that you will likely flip him to a team after the front end of the deal and avoid the inevitably painful backside of the deal. The problem for Texas may well be two years down the road and beyond. I wish we had an aggressive ownership with aggressive GMs like Dombrowski or Daniels.

You wonder if Dombrowski had this already in the back of his plan when he originally signed Fielder. Use the mega deal to get him to come to Detroit, knowing that you will likely flip him to a team after the front end of the deal and avoid the inevitably painful backside of the deal. The problem for Texas may well be two years down the road and beyond. I wish we had an aggressive ownership with aggressive GMs like Dombrowski or Daniels.

I think they freaked out when Victor Martinez got hurt.

Archived