Look's like we can end the Hardy to Cards talk now. Peralta to Cards.

Greg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think that's the case?

I don't. I really don't. I do not think that Mr. Angelos thinks the size of our market after he cashed out with the Nationals/MASN deal is a baseline 70 million dollar club. I think he feel that he has been over funding the contracts on the field by 30 to 40 million each season recently. To give us a winning team. Don't see that as being good for the fan base.

I don't. I really don't. I do not think that Mr. Angelos thinks the size of our market after he cashed out with the Nationals/MASN deal is a baseline 70 million dollar club. I think he feel that he has been over funding the contracts on the field by 30 to 40 million each season recently. To give us a winning team. Don't see that as being good for the fan base.

There is no way he can legitimately think that. All he has to do is look at the revenue that only tickets generates, and see approximately $85-90M. (2.3M attendance times average of $40 per person). That doesn't get into TV money from MLB and MASN. The guy has never had the slightest care about making the team winners. It's always been about maximizing his profit on the team. Whatever spin he has to put out there, he will.

There is no way he can legitimately think that. All he has to do is look at the revenue that only tickets generates, and see approximately $85-90M. (2.3M attendance times average of $40 per person). That doesn't get into TV money from MLB and MASN. The guy has never had the slightest care about making the team winners. It's always been about maximizing his profit on the team. Whatever spin he has to put out there, he will.

It is not 40 per. And there are SOME expenses. I am not justifying. But I do think that Angelos thinks that the market supports a lower baseline funding than you and I do.

It is not 40 per. And there are SOME expenses. I am not justifying. But I do think that Angelos thinks that the market supports a lower baseline funding than you and I do.

What would you say is the average amount a fan spends at a game, that goes to the team?

You're right that there are other expenses that go to running the organization, and I don't doubt they are considerable. However, he's taking home a sizable chunk of change from this team every year, and has never shown any interest in making the team winners.

What would you say is the average amount a fan spends at a game, that goes to the team?

You're right that there are other expenses that go to running the organization, and I don't doubt they are considerable. However, he's taking home a sizable chunk of change from this team every year, and has never shown any interest in making the team winners.

Average? Gross revenue? Probably 25 or 30 per head. There are a lot of kids and Dugout Club families. And folks like myself. I bring food for many of my games.

I believe that Angelos and his partners not only enriched themselves in large growth in value of the club but also profits from the annual running of the club.

Average? Gross revenue? Probably 25 or 30 per head. There are a lot of kids and Dugout Club families. And folks like myself. I bring food for many of my games.

Ok then. About $65M. That still doesn't count all the money from MLB for ESPN and Fox deals. It doesn't count the merchandise sharing revenue. It doesn't count the MASN money. It's not at all reasonable for this team to not be able to afford a $120M payroll, based on this year's attendance only. That should only increase as the team becomes better and gets more fans in the park.

Nope. Makes me wonder if we're going to deal Davis while the iron is hot.

My guess is they do nothing. They're just going to hope the same guys can produce better results next year, sans Feldman and possibly McLouth.

In 2 years, Wieters and Davis will walk and we'll get 2 draft picks out of the deal. Though there is an outside chance we'll resign one of them, but only if they play poorly enough to price themselves down a bit.

Archived