Churchill's latest - M's don't want to trade Jones?

JTrea81

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no way I make the deal with Seattle if Jones isn't in the trade. He is the obvious piece. He is somewhat redundant to them since CF is his natural position. He is the only good prospect anywhere close to the show that isn't redundant to us (Clement is close but redundant).

There is no freaking way I trade Bedard to Seattle and bypass Jones. No way. He is the main piece.

Yeah. I would hold out for Jones as well. No Jones -- No Bedard. IMO, you can't trade a young, lefthanded pitcher that has Cy Young potential and not get at least one player of Jones caliber and readiness.

By the way, I am not saying we ever were offered Jones, but with all the media backlash in SEA against trading him, I wouldn't be surprised if even if they had offered him at one point, they have since pulled him back. Again, I am not saying that happened, but its another reason against waiting and trying to get every possible ounce out of an already solid deal, if it did indeed happen. Again, we may never have been offered Jones in a good package making my point moot.

I wouldn't be surprised if the hangup is MacPhail trying to get Pie from the Cubs.

Could very well be that the M's got cold feet on including Jones just as AM was ready to push the button on the reported Cubs deal. Which sent MacPhail back to Hendry looking for Pie.

IF we got Pie, I would have absolutely no problem with Clement, Balentien, Triunfel, and Tillman. In part because I'm just not as high on Jones as many are. A 25 p.c. K rate in AAA is a big red flag.

But I like Clement better than most here. And I really like Triunfel. There's a very good chance that he will be the Jay Bruce of next off-season, the one everybody wants and nobody can have.

Assuming this Jones rumor is true and judging from the responses I think we can give McPhail a break. For some reason I don't think it will happen because someone will always find something. "Why isn't he going to Seattle under the cover of night in camo and nightvison goggles and stealing their prospects?"

I wouldn't be surprised if the hangup is MacPhail trying to get Pie from the Cubs.

Could very well be that the M's got cold feet on including Jones just as AM was ready to push the button on the reported Cubs deal. Which sent MacPhail back to Hendry looking for Pie.

IF we got Pie, I would have absolutely no problem with Clement, Balentien, Triunfel, and Tillman. In part because I'm just not as high on Jones as many are. A 25 p.c. K rate in AAA is a big red flag.

But I like Clement better than most here. And I really like Triunfel. There's a very good chance that he will be the Jay Bruce of next off-season, the one everybody wants and nobody can have.

If Jones K'rate scares ... Pie K'rate & SB/CS rate must scare you to death!

I like the sounds of that alot. Im not as high on Jones as some people are either. Though I can see Wieters being the player everyone wnats but no one can have.

I like the sounds of that alot. Im not as high on Jones as some people are either. Though I can see Wieters being the player everyone wnats but no one can have.

I like Jones a lot, but I don't think the gap between he and Pie is all that wide. Don't see us getting Pie back in any deal not including Bedard, though.

Well, we know that's not happening anyway. What if the offer was Balentien, Morrow, Clement and Tillman? Not that they'd offer that, but would that be an acceptable package w/o Jones?

Hate to say it but no it wouldn't be. Clement we really have no interest in, and all of this talk about flipping him or moving him to 1b is all speculation anyway, so he may be of no use.

We have to get one top ML ready OF guy for Bedard. He is our best chip and that is our biggest need. If we aren't getting Rasmus, Bruce, Jones, Pie (although I dont like him), or Holliday back (ok that part is a joke and wishful thinking), then we don't do it. Stick to our guns on this one.

The Bedard and Roberts trades tie in together so much, because like someone said, if we got Pie, we could take a Balentien et al package for Bedard.

It's too bad St. Louis doesn't have a couple better prospects to send with Rasmus. I don't think anything short of Rasmus, Wainwright, and a 3rd prospect could even start discussions.

Archived